Spotted Xantias! (and other French stuff)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Spotted Xantias! (and other French stuff)

Post by CitroJim »

What's the story on the BX being towed Timmo?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

Bringing it home Jim, has been on pops driveway for the past 8 years, he was having a new roof put on the bungallow and the scaffolders said it was doable with the car there but not ideal, had been needing a good excuse to bring it home, ;-)
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Timmo wrote:Bringing it home Jim
Excellent :D I was worried it was going away.... Good, now the restoration can begin ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

haha! no that cars going nowhere!! owned since 2001, local car, Both my citroens cams from the same garage!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Timmo wrote:haha! no that cars going nowhere!! owned since 2001, local car, Both my citroens cams from the same garage!
Perfect... I take the same attitude with my two Xantias :)
Jim

Zelandeth
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2006 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi.
1988 Renault 25 Monaco 2.0i.
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Post by Zelandeth »

Silver R plate S1 Xantia TurboD spotted in Coventry this afternoon. ...Sorry I've no idea exactly where we were!
Current fleet:
06 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi, 88 Renault 25 Monaco, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 75 Rover 3500, 73 AC Model 70.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Zelandeth wrote:Silver R plate S1 Xantia TurboD spotted in Coventry this afternoon. ...Sorry I've no idea exactly where we were!
You did well to see it at all bent double in the back of a Golf Zel ;)

In a 54 mile bike ride today I saw nothing at all even remotely interesting on the road bar an old abandoned petrol station in Little Brickhill that still sports a sign to say Access is welcome here!

When did Access cards get withdrawn? Must have been at least 20 years ago if not longer...

Just checked, It was in 1996 so not far off at all ;) Looks like the filling station has been closed a lot longer than that...
Jim

Zelandeth
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2006 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi.
1988 Renault 25 Monaco 2.0i.
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Post by Zelandeth »

Thankfully I was on foot by that point Jim!

Not seen anywhere with the Access logo down here for a while, still quite a few old stations back up north still had it up though out in the sticks.
Current fleet:
06 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi, 88 Renault 25 Monaco, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 75 Rover 3500, 73 AC Model 70.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I spotted a nice Triumph GT6 in Newport Pagnell this morning on the way back from karate training... In Old English White it looked gorgeous :D
Jim

van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

Coming back to Devon from the Great Western Autojumble (or Classic Car Show as it's now become) at the foot of Telegraph Hill I passed a (bamboo?) green 2CV, about to embark on its epic crawl up it. I was in a Cherokee, not the C15 as originally intended, otherwise we could've struggled up the hill together. :-D
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Not French but whilst out for a run this morning - not a run in the car but a run on two legs ;) I saw a BMW Z4 wearing a private plate...

The plate was OO04 MPG

I was given to wonder if it was a reflection of the fuel economy given by the vehicle when driven with a bit of spirit :lol:

No picture as I run very light indeed and never carry a 'phone with me... The most I carry is an ID tag...
Jim

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Saw a lovely white BX estate today westbound on the A27, reg was B19 TGD so I take it that she was a 1.9 TGD!

Very clean car, wish I got a picture.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Seen that one at a few rallies Dean...

A well-loved one!
Jim

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

well loved indeed, it was a thing of beauty set against a back-drop of hum drum commuter tat, ive come to the conclusion the BX is becoming better looking the older it gets (to me anyway).

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote:well loved indeed, it was a thing of beauty set against a back-drop of hum drum commuter tat, ive come to the conclusion the BX is becoming better looking the older it gets (to me anyway).
I agree with every word of that Dean :)
Jim