Electric vehicles-Conversions

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Electric cars/vans/bikes-Conversions/Secondhand..etc

Post by RichardW »

One of them'll cost nearly as much as the C-Zero - certainly more than a V6 Xantia!! :lol:

Are we talking Simon into it, or is he talking himself into it :?: :wink:
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

RichardW wrote:One of them'll cost nearly as much as the C-Zero - certainly more than a V6 Xantia!! :lol:
Yes, each Brompton is hand-made to order and is the ultimate folder... It is what you might say it's reassuringly expensive... Other folders are available at much more acceptable prices... Decathlon do one at a fraction of the cost that looks quite like the Brompton!

One would go very well in the boot with the pram/buggy...
RichardW wrote:Are we talking Simon into it, or is he talking himself into it :?: :wink:
Bit of both I reckon... I reckon Simon will be the first FCF member to go electric...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

And have oodles of EV experience to blog! I think you've just been volunteered; no pressure, then*... #-o

* 'Fair swaps', Simon. I did, after all do that improved hydractive valve swap-over, just to prove you right. Which you were.
Last edited by white exec on 15 Feb 2017, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I don't know if I mentioned it here on the forum, but Birmingham University have developed a hydrogen fuel cell narrow boat;

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 093919.htm
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

CitroJim wrote: One would go very well in the boot with the pram/buggy...
That's the thing - I'd need to test the boot size of the C-Zero to see whether our stroller base and top would actually fit in it without resorting to folding the right hand seat down, as it takes up most of the Xantia boot! On the other hand I think (would have to check dimensions) that it's quite a bit bigger car than say a C1, which was the other car I might have considered as a fuel efficient second car.

As none are on sale near me that could prove difficult - the nearest one is some 175 miles away. :(
Bit of both I reckon... I reckon Simon will be the first FCF member to go electric...
So you mean FCF doesn't stand for French Car Fossils ???! Have I had that wrong all along ? :lol:
white exec wrote:And have oodles of EV experience to blog! I think you've just been volunteered; no pressure, then*... #-o
If I get one I will definitely start a separate blog for it. ;)
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Chris
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

CitroJim wrote: One would go very well in the boot with the pram/buggy...
RichardW wrote:Are we talking Simon into it, or is he talking himself into it :?: :wink:
I think there are plenty of us who would like to give it a go. Now if there are any Norwegians in our throng on the FCF, and they are considering buying a new car, currently there is a 37% chance that they will choose electric.

For some reason Norway are way ahead on the take up of Electric Vehicles, and their Government have a target for all new vehicles by 2025 to be zero-emission vehicles.
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

service.citroen wrote:Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
1609857580 BATTERY 10,995.94 GBP 13,195.13 GBP 13,195.13 GBP
:shock: :lol:
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

RichardW wrote:
service.citroen wrote:Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
1609857580 BATTERY 10,995.94 GBP 13,195.13 GBP 13,195.13 GBP
:shock: :lol:
You really are having a laugh!

Mandrake wrote:So you mean FCF doesn't stand for French Car Fossils ???! Have I had that wrong all along ? :lol:
Love it! :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mickeymoon

Post by mickeymoon »

Mandrake wrote: However I seem to be reaching that stage of my life already where I just don't have the time to spend maintaining an old car as a daily driver. Having a 10 month old son might be part of the reason ;) but having a house that still needs renovation work doing is probably another... point is as much as I love my Xantia and the hands on repair and maintenance work, having to do it to keep an old daily driver and only car on the road is somewhat stressful and not nearly as enjoyable as the work could be if it was done under less urgency. (Must get the car back on the road before Monday and work in the rain to get it finished etc)
You're at that age! It seems to happen to most of the car-nuts I know around age 40-41. The maintenance and "fun" one gets from maintaining an older vehicle to keep it in good condition just becomes a stress, and a major pain in the backside. It certainly happened to me at that age! It is far better to have a car that is just a vehicle for commuting and to rely on day in and day out, and a "classic"/old tat/ hobby car to amuse oneself with that doesn't need to on the road every Monday morning. I have a boring 10-Plate Vauxhall for that now, and it just works. It is in no way interesting or exciting at all, but it has, so far, been 100% reliable apart from the wiper mech tangling itself up at 90mph on a French autoroute.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

But the enthusiasm comes back when your kids are grown up and you're in your 50s and beyond ;)
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

mickeymoon wrote:
Mandrake wrote: However I seem to be reaching that stage of my life already where I just don't have the time to spend maintaining an old car as a daily driver.
You're at that age! It seems to happen to most of the car-nuts I know around age 40-41. The maintenance and "fun" one gets from maintaining an older vehicle to keep it in good condition just becomes a stress, and a major pain in the backside.
There is a often a subsequent stage where you end up acquiring a fleet of vehicles usually in your 50's early 60's, for which you become consultant mechanic and fixer of :!: :-D . 10 months + 16 years and 2 months Simon, and you will know what I mean, round about 58 for you :!: :-D .

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickeymoon

Post by mickeymoon »

I have another 10 years before I reach that stage :D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

CitroJim wrote:But the enthusiasm comes back when your kids are grown up and you're in your 50s and beyond ;)
For me the enthusiasm's still there but the strength is waning, I did the front discs and pads on my C5 a couple of weeks ago out on the front drive, felt knackered afterwards but then I am 82 :)
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Gibbo, to be still doing those things at 82 is something to be very proud of. Your basic health and fitness must be very good indeed :D

Dad was like you at 82 and he remained good until his very late 80s...
Jim