Electric vehicles-Conversions

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: Electric cars/vans/bikes-Conversions/Secondhand..etc

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Maybe chuck one in the boot Jim for getting from the car park to the shops :)
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Gibbo2286 wrote:Maybe chuck one in the boot Jim for getting from the car park to the shops :)
Good thinking ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Well not quite appropriate for "Tartan travel rugs and other nostalgic motoring accessories" seeing as its bang up to date....but buy a new Peugeot 3008, and you may well be able to negotiate getting a Peugeot e-kick electric scooter thrown in.

https://dailyhover.com/all-new-peogeot- ... c-scooter/

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Another article from the Daily Hover gives a bit of a write up to what Volkswagen are planning on the electric vehicle front with their Volkswagen ID electric car planned for 2020. Range anxiety by then pretty much obliterated, but not exactly price-pitched as a "peoples car".

https://dailyhover.com/revolutionary-vo ... s-in-2020/

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:but buy a new Peugeot 3008, and you may well be able to negotiate getting a Peugeot e-kick electric scooter thrown in.
That's your transport to get you home when it breaks down ;)
NewcastleFalcon wrote:Another article from the Daily Hover gives a bit of a write up to what Volkswagen are planning on the electric vehicle front with their Volkswagen ID electric car planned for 2020.
Horrid styling and absolutely awful wheels. Looks like they took a Matchbox toy 'Hot Wheels' for their inspiration... Range is still rubbish compared with an equivalent petrol or diesel car...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:Another article from the Daily Hover gives a bit of a write up to what Volkswagen are planning on the electric vehicle front with their Volkswagen ID electric car planned for 2020. Range anxiety by then pretty much obliterated, but not exactly price-pitched as a "peoples car".

https://dailyhover.com/revolutionary-vo ... s-in-2020/

Regards Neil
A quote from that article:
"But the latest generation of the e-Golf, with a zero- emissions range of up to 186 miles and new gesture control, will be on the road “tomorrow”."

All I can say is - I hope they don't fit that 'gesture control' to Audi's, and that it responds to the gestures of other road users directed at the Audi drivers........... :rofl2: :-D :lol:
Last edited by bobins on 04 Feb 2017, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

bobins wrote: All I can say is - I hope they don't fit that 'gesture control' to Audi's, and that it responds to the gestures of other road users directed at the driver........... :rofl2: :-D :lol:
Be nice if, however, it responded to the gestures I make to a great many of them when I'm out on my bike :lol:
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

bobins wrote: A quote from that article:
"But the latest generation of the e-Golf, with a zero- emissions range of up to 186 miles and new gesture control, will be on the road “tomorrow”."

All I can say is - I hope they don't fit that 'gesture control' to Audi's, and that it responds to the gestures of other road users directed at the Audi drivers........... :rofl2: :-D :lol:
I should really vet some of my "interesting links" for BS content, that one is full of it :-D

Perhaps I am not moving fast enough with the modern world, I still have a mobile phone that I just use for phone calls and texts. If Volkswagen think I want a car that does this.....they must be mad!
It could even become perfectly normal to receive parcels on the road, since the new Delivery Service in the trunk of your car can act as a mailbox. Studies show that millions of parcels sent in Europe could alternatively be delivered to the trunk of a Volkswagen parked anywhere between Helsinki and Lisbon.

If the car owners aren’t at home, I.D. would be able to receive parcels simply and efficiently, or allow them to be collected. The parcel delivery agent is able to locate the car by GPS and is granted temporary permission to open the trunk via an app. The car’s owner is then notified via an app or e-mail as soon as the parcel has been delivered and the trunk is locked again. Volkswagen is currently working with international logistics service providers to implement this innovative concept.
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: I should really vet some of my "interesting links" for BS content, that one is full of it :-D
That's got the makings of a very interesting topic Neil ;)

The finest BS of the day...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: That's got the makings of a very interesting topic Neil ;)

The finest BS of the day...
Well I think I have the necessary qualities to contibute to that thread!

Heres another bit....I don't want this either, I have never found the need to "boost the lounge feel" when driving yet, and certainly not by having the steering wheel disappear into the dashboard!!!
The driver can activate the fully automated “I.D. Pilot” mode just by touching the Volkswagen logo on the steering wheel. With this, the electrically adjustable and retractable steering wheel disappears into the dash pad to form a single entity flush with the dashboard, boosting the lounge feel inside the car.
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
Heres another bit....I don't want this either, I have never found the need to "boost the lounge feel" when driving yet, and certainly not by having the steering wheel disappear into the dashboard!!!
The driver can activate the fully automated “I.D. Pilot” mode just by touching the Volkswagen logo on the steering wheel. With this, the electrically adjustable and retractable steering wheel disappears into the dash pad to form a single entity flush with the dashboard, boosting the lounge feel inside the car.
Regards Neil

Now that'd really be a challenge for the hackers - turn the auto-pilot off whilst making the steering wheel disappear :shock:

I'm not keen on boosting the lounge feel either. Now if they could boost the library feel of the car I might be interested. More bookcases in it and everybody keeping quiet - what's not to like ? :-D
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

If this is the future of cars then I'm out :(
Jim

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

It occurred to me that once there are sufficient electric cars on the road to begin to find their way to the scrapyard there will be a number of complete conversion kits available for the car of your choice, RWD conversions should be a doddle. FWD a bit more challenging.

Peter
hirsty
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by hirsty »

According to the paper today, the latest concern is muggers jumping in front of the car and making it stop automatically as designed. Think I'll stick to my C5.

hirsty
98 Xantia Mk2 2.0 16v Auto Exclusive 160k + Now gone to Citroen Heaven
2004 C5 Mk 1 2.0 8V VTR Estate - current. Now with leather.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

hirsty wrote:According to the paper today, the latest concern is muggers jumping in front of the car and making it stop automatically as designed. Think I'll stick to my C5.
:shock: Whatever next?

At least driving a dog-eared Xantia is proof against this - they'll know it's pointless as the driver must be in poverty :lol:

They're already theif-proof as nobody in their right mind would ever nick one. Unless you're daft enough to park outside the local asylum that is ;)

The reasons to keep driving a Xantia just get more compelling by the day!
Jim