Electric vehicles-Conversions

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Electric cars/vans/bikes-Conversions/Secondhand..etc

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I believe that normally big business will protect their interests, sometimes going to extremes. However, Tesla could consider ultra capacitors to be of interest, and so might be able to make use of them.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

From cutting edge current developments in the world of electric cars back to the 1st generation "Electriques" from Citroen.

A fair handful appear on Leboncoin from time to time, but its very much a case of let the buyer beware. They all seem to be ludicrously highly priced, as the vehicles are very old now, and many of the are "Sans Battery", and non-runners until you at least get a replacement battery pack for them. That factor makes the base vehicle literally worthless in my opinion, yet the sellers appear to want 2,500 euros or more for their cars.

This is an interesting little discussion where the original poster poses this question
Achat Ax Electrique-Bonne Idea?

Some interesting points made in the replies which google translate makes its usual entertaining botch of :!: :-D

eg
pour connaître personnellement le sujet, tu vas au devant de gros soucis...tu prendrais une vieille thermique avec CT OK pour moins de 1000€, tu serais beaucoup plus tranquille.

Les VE PSA de génération 1 sans batteries sont à classer dans les épaves. Effectivement, leur état mécanique est très bon, car ils n'ont jamais beaucoup roulé, et très souvent dans des conditions assez soft.

Que tu la rééquipes en Nicad, ou que tu tentes la lithiumisation, tu vas en chier sur le terrain et ça va te coûter plusieurs milliers d'euros. Quel est ton but précis ? S'il s'agit de vouloir briller techniquement à retaper cette AX après des jours de labeur sans aucun soutien de PSA, alors oui, achète-là. :P
translated as:-
To know personally the subject, you go to the front of big concerns ... you would take an old thermal with CT OK for less than 1000 €, you would be much more quiet.

The VE PSA generation 1 without batteries are to be classified in the wrecks. Indeed, their mechanical condition is very good, as they have never rolled much, and very often under fairly soft conditions.

Whether you re-equip it in Nicad, or you try lithiumisation, you're going to s**t on the ground and it's going to cost you several thousand euros. What is your specific purpose? If it is to want to shine technically to retype this AX after days of labor without any support from PSA, then yes, buy it there. : P

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sums it up quite nicely really...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Couldn't have translated it better myself.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

elma wrote:Couldn't have translated it better myself.
Says it with a certain, err, flair :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Lithumisation - I like that one :)
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Sounds like something out of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" :shock:
Chris
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

white exec wrote:Sounds like something out of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" :shock:
Not so far wrong... Lithium was once used to treat mental conditions...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

The phrase "Chier sur le terrain" is a colourful little expression which you may like to try should you ever be out and about in France, not usually included in your Berlitz phrase book. :-D

Hows your German?

https://amicale-citroen.de/2013/20-jahr ... lectrique/

Well thankfully, no need to use google translate, halfway down, the article content is reproduced in English and gives an nice little account of the Citroen AX Electrique which was produced by Citroen from December 1993 to 1996 with a total of 374 units being produced. It did have a diesel powered heater.

Following on from the AX Electrique Citroen continued with the Citroën Saxo Electrique 1996 to 2003 with a total of 2,174 units and the Citroen Berlingo Electrique from 1997, 1749 vehicles.

Regards Neil

PS A 1996 Citroen AX Electrique from Aveyron which the seller wants 2,500 Euros for on Leboncoin. Typical brief description....

https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/10810 ... tm?ca=12_s
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:It did have a diesel powered heater.
Love it :lol:

Only the French could make an electric car with a diesel heater!!!
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

The engine independant heater was a product of Webasto, who also did this type of thing for buses and boats.

Still going today from their founding in 1901...

https://www.webasto.com/gb/about-webast ... n/history/

and the internet as ever proves once again a tremendous receptacle of reference information....a comprehensive 50 odd page repair manual for the particular fuel-powered heaters fitted to the AX, Saxo, and Berlingo electriques :!: :-D

Yes I know you would have to take a crash-course in German to get the most out of it but there's always Google Translate!

pdf document: Webasto_Thermo_Top_T_BW50_DW50.PDF

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Thought I had heard of Webasto before.......they made the sunroof for the Triumph GT6

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

And their Scottish subsidiary, Weebarsto :?
Chris
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:Thought I had heard of Webasto before.......they made the sunroof for the Triumph GT6
Arguably a lot more well-known and famous in the UK for their sunroofs than their heaters. Must say something about our climate - or the innate hardiness of us Brits!
Jim

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

CitroJim wrote:
white exec wrote:Sounds like something out of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" :shock:
Not so far wrong... Lithium was once used to treat mental conditions...
And still is.

http://www.webmd.com/bipolar-disorder/b ... -lithium#1
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.