Pickled Egg Jukebox-Your Selections

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: The Pickled Egg Jukebox-your New Year Selections needed!!!!

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: Then again....maybe its just the case and there are some modern innards lurking inside, or its supplied and serviced by "Retro Radios and Record Players Ltd" of Newport Pagnell......only a Sandan would know :!: :-D
Sadly not at the moment but I'd be more than happy to take on such a contract...

Such a rare and lovely record player must never see a skip, ever!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Re: The Pickled Egg-your virtual local

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Time for the Pickled Egg back to normality, and de-Christmas&New-Year-ify.

Second year for the special seasonal selection, but its being stored carefully away for another year. Its developed into quite an eclectic mix, and lets face it how many seasonal playlists feature a recitation of "Night Train", accompanied by Benjamin Brittain's discordant but also atmospheric and rhythmic back track. When it coes on in a shuffle....which is undoubtedly the best way to listen to the selections....its always a refreshing change :-D .

The PE Landlord passes on his thanks to the assembled throng who have chipped in with their suggestions.

The Dynatron is available for another month before returning to the Crown Posada, so feel free to bring your new vinyl to the PE throughout January, and the bar staff will slap it on for you.

Would be nice to have a "Dynatron" Equivalent of our own, maybe one of the regulars could pick one out for us.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: The Pickled Egg-your virtual local

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:Would be nice to have a "Dynatron" Equivalent of our own, maybe one of the regulars could pick one out for us.
Two candidates for that:

The Hacker Gondolier...

Or the Pye Black Box...

Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Re: The Pickled Egg-Vinyl month-There's a Hacker in the Snug!

Thanks Jim, no need for long contract negotiations, we will just put the Hacker in the Snug, and the Pye in the lounge and see if the punters have a preference :-D .

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Now that's an excellent proposal Neil :D
Jim

Zelandeth
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2006 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi.
1988 Renault 25 Monaco 2.0i.
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Post by Zelandeth »

There's a whacking great Cossor model 529 radiogram in my garage which could do the job too...While it's a bit creaky, the autochanger does indeed work too. Garrard deck if I remember right...

The PA amp is rated at something seemingly pedestrian like 7W or so...but these are 7 *real, valve driven* watts, and the thing is quite capable of rattling the windows despite its modest sounding rating...
Current fleet:
06 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi, 88 Renault 25 Monaco, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 75 Rover 3500, 73 AC Model 70.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Says dual but it's only a single - you've been done mate.
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

Stickyfinger wrote:This is my turntable
Ooooh - that brings back memories :) I think I used to have a 503.1 back in the day. I've got a Rega these days and it's only just been pressed back into service as I got a new amp the other day to replace my temperamental old one. I've got 1500+ vinyl discs to go and rediscover now :-D
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Just read the the link: I chose well :)
If you were just taking your first steps into the world of hi-fi in the early 1980s you’d give serious consideration to the Dual CS505. Often partnered with a NAD 3020 amp by the canny hi-fi buyer on a budget, these two components started many listeners on a path that would bring countless hours of enjoyment.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
NewcastleFalcon

bobins wrote: Ooooh - that brings back memories :).....I've got 1500+ vinyl discs to go and rediscover now :-D
Does your 1500 include any of the "Hot Hits" , or "Top of the Pops" compilation of covers by session musicians, some of whom did go on to make a name for themselves. I think I'll donate "Hot Hits 1" to get the party started!

If like me you do like to wallow in a bit of nostaglia, as you might expect there's someone who has kindly catalogued them for us :-D

http://hothitslps.weebly.com/hot-hits-1.html

Selected purely because Elton John was one of those session musicians on that album, doing lead vocals on the cover of Cat Stevens Lady D'Arbanville.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Zelandeth wrote:There's a whacking great Cossor model 529 radiogram in my garage which could do the job too...While it's a bit creaky, the autochanger does indeed work too. Garrard deck if I remember right...

The PA amp is rated at something seemingly pedestrian like 7W or so...but these are 7 *real, valve driven* watts, and the thing is quite capable of rattling the windows despite its modest sounding rating...
That is truly gorgeous Zel... Yes, 7 valve watts is very adequate indeed :) Not like these weedy old solid-state watts!

You don't see many radiograms around these days, a very rare species indeed!
myglaren wrote:Says dual but it's only a single - you've been done mate.
:lol:
Jim

superloopy
My Cars:

Post by superloopy »

This ...
.... is what i'm trying to keep on the road [emoji6]

Been going to chuck it for the past 30 plus years. Knew it would come in handy one day. What goes around comes around as they say.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Mike

Xantia Activa Dante Red MK1 (96) 121k - SORN, to be broken
Xantia Activa Silex Grey MK2 (98) 120k -SORN, ditto
Xantia V6 Silex Grey MK2 (98) 95k - non-runner
Xantia TD Storm Grey MK1 (95) 95k - non-runner
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
bobins wrote: Ooooh - that brings back memories :).....I've got 1500+ vinyl discs to go and rediscover now :-D
Does your 1500 include any of the "Hot Hits" , or "Top of the Pops" compilation of covers by session musicians, some of whom did go on to make a name for themselves. I think I'll donate "Hot Hits 1" to get the party started!

If like me you do like to wallow in a bit of nostaglia, as you might expect there's someone who has kindly catalogued them for us :-D

http://hothitslps.weebly.com/hot-hits-1.html

Selected purely because Elton John was one of those session musicians on that album, doing lead vocals on the cover of Cat Stevens Lady D'Arbanville.

Regards Neil
Happy memories :D

I used to buy loads of those records as a kid... Same song as in the charts but by different bands/singers as far as I recall :lol:
Jim

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

xantiamanic wrote:This ...
.... is what i'm trying to keep on the road [emoji6]

Been going to chuck it for the past 30 plus years. Knew it would come in handy one day. What goes around comes around as they say.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Is that on the double decker bus that was parked on a cliff? :lol:
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!