Davie's french attraction.

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55083
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8389

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by CitroJim »

demag wrote:And stick on butterflies on it :-)
:lol:

And a little sign that says 'Powered by fairy dust' :wink:
Stickyfinger wrote:What David does/wears at the weekend is his business
Absolutely, we all like to do our own thing at weekends :wink:

I like to dress in tight lycra :)
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
mickeymoon

Re: RE: Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by mickeymoon »

CitroJim wrote:
demag wrote:And stick on butterflies on it :-)
[emoji38]

And a little sign that says 'Powered by fairy dust' :wink:
Stickyfinger wrote:What David does/wears at the weekend is his business
Absolutely, we all like to do our own thing at weekends :wink:

I like to dress in tight lycra :)
I like to wear lycra and go and be shouted at by a small blonde lady, in skin tight clothes.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 485

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

Weekends are for activaing lol. The inspector who deals with complaints against the police and myself had a long conversation on the phone, where he confirmed that the police stance is the exact same as I am interpreting it, so therfore I can stop right outside the shop, and he is going to pass on my concerns to the local area inspector who should be coming to have a chat with me. I have said I don't want to land the snotty nosed constable or the seargent into trouble, just for them to leave me alone. Hopefully after the chat with the local inspector that will be the end of the matter. I am going back to work this week, just two days during the week but not doing the late weekends when this dickhead copper is drafted in from elsewhere. I'm not wanting any hassle TBH.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 485

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

I don't really like the micra, the 107 is a far superior small car, but at 100 quid to buy it, a tenner for a starter and 182 for the parts and mot fee it's a cheap runner, only done 77k and 04 plate with no rust (except on every bolt I had to undo yesterday lol) So it can do the job for the meantime, and me not care about it. I've still got a roadworthy, insured and taxed activa to play with [emoji41] [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55083
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8389

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by CitroJim »

Davie, good news on your parking :D

There's not much to beat the 107/C1/Aygo... Robyn loves hers; it's really ingratiated itself on her...

I'll be servicing it on Monday... Better keep a few minutes spare for that...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 485

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

Remember the cup of tea 1/2 way through servicing it [emoji12] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Hell Razor5543
(Donor 2023)
Posts: 14308
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 3296

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by Hell Razor5543 »

The kettle won't have had time to boil before he would finish servicing the car!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+

Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55083
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8389

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by CitroJim »

daviemck2006 wrote:Remember the cup of tea 1/2 way through servicing it [emoji12] [emoji23]
I certainly will ;)
Hell Razor5543 wrote:The kettle won't have had time to boil before he would finish servicing the car!
I'll make one just before I start and then it'll be at exactly the right temperature when I'm half way through ;)
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 485

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

Well my berlingo is sold. I've lost £400, but it would have cost much more than that to fix the head gasket. Got to take the rough with the smooth. I shall run the micra as a daily while I see if I can save up a bit to buy something I want as a daily. Ideally want an auto this time but not a stupid semi auto. In citroen terms, if I can get a cheap enough one a c4 2.0 hdi exclusive auto like I asked advice about on here before would be about ideal. Like looking for a needle in a whole field of haystacks!

The activa is not getting used much at the moment, it unfortunately has to live outside, but it got a bit of a decent run yesterday as it was like a balmy late summer day here, sun was out and the car told me it was 16* C! Pity we only have about 6 hours of daylight to enjoy it!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55083
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8389

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by CitroJim »

I think, on balance the loss of the Berlingo, although a shame, was for the best... It's now an SEP and I like it when things become an SEP as it means it's Someone Else’s Problem and not yours ;) That is good.

I'm using my Activa as a treat to myself over Christmas now... They are best not used too much this time of the year and one great joy of not using them too much except for pleasure is just how much you really enjoy and Activa when you do drive it...

I know that's the case with me... Gabriel is a fantastic car but for sheer pleasure nothing quite touches the Activa...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
mickeymoon

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by mickeymoon »

daviemck2006 wrote:Well my berlingo is sold. I've lost £400,
If only you could find a good one for sale... ;)
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 485

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

For sale again? [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
mickeymoon

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by mickeymoon »

It will be at some point, much as I thought it would be good for my leg/foot injury, it's proving quite the opposite!
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 485

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

Would you be better with a picasso auto? I'm really tempted to save for a good c4 picasso auto but then I'm stuck with a dreadful egs box. Unless the 2.0hdi auto uses the same slush box as a c4 saloon.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
mickeymoon

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by mickeymoon »

daviemck2006 wrote:Would you be better with a picasso auto? I'm really tempted to save for a good c4 picasso auto but then I'm stuck with a dreadful egs box. Unless the 2.0hdi auto uses the same slush box as a c4 saloon.

Sadly not, it's my right leg that's the problem, not the left. It's the angle on the pedal and the force of pushing the brake pedal (and throttle!) that's causing me pain, around the outside of the ankle and up the front of my shin - had a load of x-rays on Friday to see what might be going on, back for an MRI after new year. Shin splints or stress fracture, plus an enormous amount of lasting ligament damage. Well, the physio did say 6 months to a year, and it's been 4 1/2 months so far.