Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

The old la.to. has taken a bit of a battering over the years but I .ay have invented a new vocabulary. The only "m" 's and "p" 's in .y ostings will have been .ainstaikingly co.ied and .asted to aid understandability. :!: :-D . Yes the keyboard has succu.bed only currently in those two characters. I bla.e croissants! :!: :-D

A .icture does .aint a thousand words though....inadvertently watched an advert on youtube....those terrible ones for Santander where Jensen Button and Jessica Ennis Hill vie for who can be woodenest albeit working with an awful scri.t.

Anyway there they are riding Boris Bikes now branded as Santander, and subject of a vast invest.ent fro. that Co..any, and there's a green laser i.age of a bike .rojected ahead. Yes its the Blaze Lazerlight "rolling out now" on the Boris Bikes.

like this

https://451ivbzfx2s1ue1ct1p13gin-wpengi ... ome_01.jpg

Fro. a different Co. rear view
https://www.latestgadget.com.ph/image/c ... 0x1700.jpg

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 10 Jan 2017, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut id odio ex. Mauris libero est, commodo ut arcu quis, porttitor finibus velit. Donec mattis non arcu a commodo. Maecenas a facilisis arcu. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Ut gravida aliquet erat quis ullamcorper. Nam ultricies eros quis lectus feugiat consequat. Maecenas vestibulum tempor sem, non congue augue imperdiet a. Curabitur commodo ligula vel odio tempus congue. Vestibulum vestibulum massa ut felis vehicula, ut ultricies lectus vulputate. Donec vestibulum ultrices arcu, at ullamcorper est euismod in. Sed quis eros eget dolor condimentum accumsan.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Now that took a few minutes to work out.
NewcastleFalcon

...quite an advance on things like this

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... 0a6c14.jpg

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 10 Jan 2017, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

myglaren wrote:Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut id odio ex. Mauris libero est, commodo ut arcu quis, porttitor finibus velit. Donec mattis non arcu a commodo. Maecenas a facilisis arcu. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Ut gravida aliquet erat quis ullamcorper. Nam ultricies eros quis lectus feugiat consequat. Maecenas vestibulum tempor sem, non congue augue imperdiet a. Curabitur commodo ligula vel odio tempus congue. Vestibulum vestibulum massa ut felis vehicula, ut ultricies lectus vulputate. Donec vestibulum ultrices arcu, at ullamcorper est euismod in. Sed quis eros eget dolor condimentum accumsan.
:?:
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

You can remap the faulty characters to other keys as a workaround. Takes a bit of getting used to though!
NewcastleFalcon

elma wrote:Now that took a few minutes to work out.
myglaren wrote:Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, etc etc
Google translate certainly fails on that one :!: :)

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

dnsey wrote:You can remap the faulty characters to other keys as a workaround. Takes a bit of getting used to though!
I'll have a go at that..I feel that if I dis.antle the la.to. and atte..t so.e cleaning exercise it will be even worse...even .rising the key.ad on the relevant letters, i sus.ect they will never return to their for.er state :!: :)

I'll .addle about a bit to see how to do the re.a. :) but if you know offf the to. of your head it ay be quicker!

Thanks Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Yes. I thought they were "Ever-Ready"- .robably worked with those batteries with lethal .rongs for ter.inals...

.https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... dfa8e0.jpg

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 10 Jan 2017, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Once upon a time (probably 50s and 60s) I remember that torches just worked. You could leave them kicking around for months, years, and (apart from the occasional flat battery) the buggers always worked.

Then something happened. After a few months of ownership, when you pressed the button, nothing...zilch. Sometimes a clonk would bring on the light, but often not. They got worse, all of them. One of the worst was the big red EverReady doobry that had a 4-inch reflector, and took two 996 batteries - bloody useless. The rubbery ones (my mother warned me about these) came a close second.

Unless you took out a mortgage for a Maglite, or got hold of a Railway or Mining spec handlamp, all else was useless.

A shelf in our garage shelf is full of dodgy torches. What on earth happened?
Chris
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I've had a cheap rubber one for years that always works and has I believe the original batteries in.
Lost a button a couple of years ago and the other one a month ago when my son took it camping.
harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Post by harryp »

"Then something happened. After a few months of ownership, when you pressed the button, nothing...zilch."

Agree; and then we had Cree LED.
Wonderful bright light, utterly reliable still after 12 months and all off either 3 AA or 3 AAA depending on size. Guess a few steps back before a good step forwards. Seems we never "learn the lessons" (how I hate that phrase - seems to be the palliative for "we were lazy and stopped thinking").
What next I wonder?
I always think that car headlights (with the exception of Xenon) have become worse as time goes on. Wonder if this has anything to do with the overload of street lights which also encourage the brainless to drive on (very inadequate) side lights - or none at all? Marketing and design to blame?
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

white exec wrote:Once upon a time (probably 50s and 60s) I remember that torches just worked. You could leave them kicking around for months, years, and (apart from the occasional flat battery) the buggers always worked.

Then something happened. After a few months of ownership, when you pressed the button, nothing...zilch. Sometimes a clonk would bring on the light, but often not. They got worse, all of them. One of the worst was the big red EverReady doobry that had a 4-inch reflector, and took two 996 batteries - bloody useless. The rubbery ones (my mother warned me about these) came a close second.

Unless you took out a mortgage for a Maglite, or got hold of a Railway or Mining spec handlamp, all else was useless.

A shelf in our garage shelf is full of dodgy torches. What on earth happened?
Copper and brass became too expensive so they used copper plating or aluminium instead, corrosion came very quickly.
Last edited by myglaren on 25 Oct 2016, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed tags
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: Anyway there they are riding Boris Bikes now branded as Santander, and subject of a vast invest.ent fro. that Co..any, and there's a green laser i.age of a bike .rojected ahead. Yes its the Blaze Lazerlight "rolling out now" on the Boris Bikes.

like this

Saw a Boris Bike near Moorgate this afternoon with one of these new lazerlights fitted...

Speaking with by bike hat (or helmet!) on I must confess I cannot see the point, especially now I've seen one for real...

They're not bright and I fail to see how they enhance safety... Can anyone elucidate?

There was a massive piece about it in the Metro* this morning. All the Boris Bikes are to be so fitted at huge cost and again in the interstates of safety but again, how it enhances safety was not told...

* The Metro is a free newspaper distributed around London and London commuter rail stations every morning - even MK buses have a pile of copies on them! Hence how I ended up reading one...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I believe Metro's are distributed nationwide - we even have them up here in the land that God forgot!
In English too :)