Xantia Rear Suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

94 car will NOT have anti sink.
I think the sound you are hearing is the regulator/pump cycling. If its more frequent than 30 seconds your accumulator sphere may be weak or the non return valve may be leaking.
jeremy
modi
My Cars:

Post by modi »

well, it only tiks -gives the tiking sound- whilst its raising, around 10 tiks then when its fully raised the sound goes.
what about the anti-sink, i am not sure of that, could you please explaine what is it. thanks
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jeremy</i>

94 car will NOT have anti sink.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Anti-sink was introduced on the Xantia in June 1994, so you have roughly a 50/50 chance of being correct [;)]
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by modi</i>

what about the anti-sink, i am not sure of that, could you please explaine what is it. thanks
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Anti-sink cars have an extra sphere & valve at the back which prevents the rear end of the car sinking down when the engine is switched off. Or rather, it slows the sinking down, most anti-sink Xantias still seem to sink very slightly at the back, but not as much as the early ones.
modi
My Cars:

Post by modi »

yes the back of my xantia takes long after switching off the engine to sink down, which winds me up, i like wathcing the end raising up and sinking down, but never had the chance to watch it sinking down, it just takes long and i would be disapearing into the house before it even starts sinking.. doesn't make any diffrence to me if its anti-sink or not apart from what i mentioned above.. what do u think
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

...about the ticking??
Ticking while the car is pumping itself up is perfectly normal.
It should also tick every so often when the engine is idling, but no more than about every 30 secs as jeremy has mentioned.