CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
The exact job I did on Friday. The bush was at disintegrating stage. It wasn't too bad to do really just a bit of a pain in the but to line up the bolts. Everything copper greased on the rebuild so next time should be ok.
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Copper grease really works Davie. I have a tin of it permanently on the go in the workshop with a brush in it so it's always instantly ready for use and easy to apply...
Mine's now all washed, spruced up and MOT ready... Have not been able to properly test it since the wishbone work as the old MOT expired three days ago!
Here she is:

MOT is booked for Friday. My next day off...
If she passes I'll be running her up to Newark for Hamfest 2016
See if I can get a nice vacuum variable for my mag. loop there...
Mine's now all washed, spruced up and MOT ready... Have not been able to properly test it since the wishbone work as the old MOT expired three days ago!
Here she is:

MOT is booked for Friday. My next day off...
If she passes I'll be running her up to Newark for Hamfest 2016
See if I can get a nice vacuum variable for my mag. loop there...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
The hard work was well worth it... She's passed her MOT with a clean sheet 
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Hell Razor5543
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 14308
- Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
- x 3306
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Well, with you doing your normal maintenance stuff, what would you expect? Even a grubby fingerprint on the MoT sheet would have been an issue!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
I guess so James
The tester noticed all the work I'd done and I always reckon it helps that some obvious work has been done just before the test...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Filled the Activa up with petrol and went for a bit of a drive early this morning... Replacing the dead bushes have definitely made a difference and the vibration under heavy braking has now completely gone so it wasn't the discs after all...
Going to give her an oil change in a bit and then she's all done for the winter...
Going to give her an oil change in a bit and then she's all done for the winter...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Oil and filter now changed - between rain showers... Nothing to do on the Activa now apart from rustproofing and winter care..
I will be giving the C1 a winter service very soon...
But now I'm off to play with a new vintage wireless project - a vintage communications receiver made by a company that shares its name with a famous lighthouse. The receiver in question was built a few months before I was born...
I will be giving the C1 a winter service very soon...
But now I'm off to play with a new vintage wireless project - a vintage communications receiver made by a company that shares its name with a famous lighthouse. The receiver in question was built a few months before I was born...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Hell Razor5543
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 14308
- Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
- x 3306
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Edison?
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
-
Stickyfinger
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 11836
- Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
- x 2005
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Nope, give you a clue.. Swim 19 miles south of Plymouth 
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Hell Razor5543
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 14308
- Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
- x 3306
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Read the other post; so, Eddystone.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
That's cheatingHell Razor5543 wrote:Read the other post; so, Eddystone.
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Hell Razor5543
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 14308
- Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
- x 3306
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
OI! Google searching might be cheating, but I only had to read a different post on this here forum, no searching required.

James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Just goes to prove the new proverb - it's not what you know but where to look...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Zelandeth
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5310
- Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 23:36
- x 1597
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
That should be a fun project Jim. Only had one brief look at an Eddystone a long while ago and my thoughts were along the lines of "beautiful made but fiendishly complicated" I think.
Current fleet:
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.