Ametech Engine Restorer

Yes, place your time and money saving tips here.Nothing illegal or dangerous please!Motoring related only please.

Moderator: RichardW

rookie
My Cars:

Ametech Engine Restorer

Post by rookie »

Yes yes, I know, many people call it "Snake Oil" etc etc.
However, I can only speak from experience, so here goes.
As a couple of you helpful gentlemen know, i recently acquired a Citroen Synergie HDi (the one with the brakes that kept locking on-now sorted)

Anyway, when I bought it it was smoking profusely which i originally thought was due to a broken swirl valve (alas, it wasn't). Safe to say, this was/is just a tired old engine and I was looking at the thick end of a few hundred quid to replace it.

Then I read the Ametech write up and decided to try it (what the hell, £26 including delivery wasn't much of a gamble.)

Followed the instructions religiously, applied the Ametech and have now done over 1000 miles.

I have to say that originally, you could not stand at the exhaust outlet and still be alive to tell the tale, the smoke from it (Blue/Grey) was enough to choke a ruptured donkey with gout, or even me. However, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , now I have a perfectly respectable exhaust emission, a far quieter engine and, it goes like the clappers.
It may well be that it is just a brief respite before something terminal happens, but, I could not have hired this car for £26 for the length of time I have driven it so far.

So I would just like to say, if you are faced with what appears to be a short lived engine, then I would certainly recommend giving Ametech a try

By the way, before anyone says it or thinks it, I am not connected to the company, I do not know anyone who works for the company and I am not getting paid to write this. I'm just a hard up motorist who tried something that worked for me but hey, it may not work for you, though I can't see why not.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Ametech Engine Restorer

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent :-D

Keep us posted on this as it'll be good to see how long its restorative powers last and if it needs to be re-applied on subsequent oil changes.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
rookie
My Cars:

Post by rookie »

Will do Jim
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

. . . &?
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

van ordinaire wrote:. . . &?
It is over 2 years since he logged into the forum.

Probably asphyxiated by exhaust fumes.
rookie
My Cars:

Post by rookie »

Sorry, just catching up on my old posts. The Ametech worked very well Jim,

I kept the car for quite some time and sold it with , if I remember correctly, 253,000 miles on the clock, no discernable increase in smoking (the engine that is) though in it's final months I wasn't using it that much to be hones. However, I would not hesitate to use Ametech again.

cheers and sorry for the lifetime late reply. :-)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

rookie wrote:Sorry, just catching up on my old posts. The Ametech worked very well Jim,
Excellent, good to know and worth going for then...

Thanks for letting us know :D Better late than never ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...