2016 IOW classic car show

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

2016 IOW classic car show

Post by Deanxm »

Been to this over the weekend and it was a great event again as usual, here are a couple of photo's, didnt see any Citroens again, apart from one that is!
Imagephoto(35) by Deanxm, on Flickr
Also took this with me both days after fitting a new head gasket and doing some general fiddling this summer
Imagephoto(36) by Deanxm, on Flickr
Then there was my personal favourite of the show which is fairly sad considering the wide array of metal on display
Imagephoto(34) by Deanxm, on Flickr
Also a worthy whatsthisthen? candidate
Imagephoto(32) by Deanxm, on Flickr
and finally a sorry looking sight, like an abandoned puppy on the fringe of the show
Imagephoto(33) by Deanxm, on Flickr

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: 2016 IOW classic car show

Post by bobins »

Ah, the old Corralls coal wagon brings back memories. We used to have coal delivered to us by them to feed our old Parkray boiler back in the 70s and 80s, (and probably early 90s). Always the same chap, he was probably called Bert or Jim :) Corralls For Coal !
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Still doing it!, my dad runs the Depot down in your neck of the woods. We still service a lot of the Parkrays over here on the island as well, they were the top of their game back in the day but are getting thin on the ground now.

Ive got a photo of me sat on the side step of that very lorry in a nappy so i would guess about 32 years ago!

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

We would have been served by the Hove depot back in the day as I used to live in Southwick, near Hove. I can't remember what lorry they used to deliver with, but it was probably a Bedford TK or a Ford :)
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Thats the depot he runs, we did run TK's and then some TL's before going to the Ford Cargo, many fond memories as a child out with the drivers in Cargo's.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Deanxm wrote:Been to this over the weekend and it was a great event again as usual,
Also a worthy whatsthisthen? candidate
Imagephoto(32) by Deanxm,
D
My first thought would be a Sunbeam Alpine, probably a slightly later mark than the one driven by Sean Connery in Dr No!

and, a Lancia being your favourite...nothing sad about that...would have been one of the cars attracting my interest too :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

The hubcaps are the clue but not the answer, not in the modern interpretation anyway, and it is believed to be the only one in the UK.
Owned and restored by Lord Newman this 981cc 3cyl two stroke is a really smart looking car.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

NewcastleFalcon

Deanxm wrote:The hubcaps are the clue but not the answer, not in the modern interpretation anyway, and it is believed to be the only one in the UK.
Owned and restored by Lord Newman this 981cc 3cyl two stroke is a really smart looking car.

D
Needed the clues Dean, thought the rear lights didn't quite look right and "Alpine" should have been on the side. Must be one of these then :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Gold star for that man, i had no clue either tbh and it does have the 4 ring audi logo accross the grill of this one which is apparently right for a later car. It was modelled on the Ford Thunderbird and then they went all Saab and stuck a two stroke in it but either way i think its very attractive.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

NewcastleFalcon

Here's one in action :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Your XM is looking jolly lovely Dean :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Nice pictures, thanks. I was up at Beamish last week, they have some really old cars, and buses, and trams, and a Ford Model 'T' pick up, and lots of other interesting things.

XM looks lovely Dean, I don't have any now - apart from John's but they are all 2.5s :(

I also remember Corrals.

Peter