Welsh Car Chat-Riversimple

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Welsh Car Chat-Riversimple

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

......if you are anything like me you'll want this Company to be successful, and you'll want to have a go of their car, and there is something innovative and different on their model for "not selling them" :)

Thanks to sloppysod for posting it up on "Picture(s) of the Day". I found it absolutely fascinating.

..and to Gibbo who posted up this original article
Gibbo2286 wrote:How about this then:

http://www.theforestreview.co.uk/articl ... hyear=2016
Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 16 Sep 2016, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Sloppysod
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroens
1 x GS, 1 x GSX (Banger raced), 1 x GSA,
2 x CX Famililles, 1 x CX GTI,
BX, XM, Xantia, C5 Mk1,
C4 (Coupe), C4 (B7),
C5 (X7)

Renault
R4 Van
Fuego
Clio Campas

Re: Welsh Car Chat-Riversimple-15Mins of your time and...

Post by Sloppysod »

NewcastleFalcon - thanks for moving it to its own thread, yes I think it would have been lost.

Just so people do not have to Google it, here is their website http://riversimple.com/
And for more information https://vimeo.com/159917371 or https://youtu.be/V23GzgjfrI0

Just so you all know how it started http://goo.gl/ZEwNYm
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi
NewcastleFalcon

..If we are ever passing remotely near LLandridnod Wells, then a little visit to Unit 32 on the Ddole Enterprise Park has got to be a must do thing! ...and of course we would have to go on another 30 mile detour to photograph this at Nantyffin :)

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I wish them all the best, attractive little thing...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

...now it could be withdrawal symptoms from lack of tv watching I will admit, but I was genuinely excited by that little video, and keen to learn more.

Looks like they are looking for 60 to 80 drivers from Monmouthshire to join in with the trial. Maybe I should see if they want a volunteer from Northumberland to test out a few longer journey's. We are used to gas in bottles up here in the sticks so I'm reasonably sure the local calor gas and propane man could add a cylinder or two of hydrogen to keep me going! :!: :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

..H2 four door and H2 van on the drawing board, Citroen have been slow off the mark here. I mean their original H Van was a classic, they could definitely have followed it up with an H2 Van! but have been beaten to it.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Re: Welsh Car Chat-Riversimple

The Riversimple Car recently made an appearance at Millbrook, Milton Keynes as part of the Cenex LCV2016 (Low Carbon Vehicle) event (14/15/Sept). Its been making appearances also at Carfest South and Carfest North.

Yes and Chris Evans has been behind the wheel as well!

Source Wales Online

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

I gave them a bit of a name check on the Hydrogen thread, and mentioned that I had followed their story right from the start and still receive newsletters from them and yes here is the evidence the thread starter from yours truly in 2016.
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 18 Jun 2016, 18:17 ......if you are anything like me you'll want this Company to be successful, and you'll want to have a go of their car, and there is something innovative and different on their model for "not selling them" :)

Thanks to sloppysod for posting it up on "Picture(s) of the Day". I found it absolutely fascinating.

..and to Gibbo who posted up this original article
Gibbo2286 wrote:How about this then:

http://www.theforestreview.co.uk/articl ... hyear=2016
Progress has been slow, as it has for fuel cell electric vehicles globally. You only have to consult this thread
I-Spy Fuel Cell Vehicles (or an H2 pump!) to realise that both vehicles and pumps in the UK barely reach double figures. Indeed Abergavenny is one of the Hot spots because Riversimple have a Hydrogen Refuelling station for their beta testing of a handful of vehicles in that region. That fuelling station is to be taken over by Element 2 who plan to develop a network of H2 Fuelling stations across the country. ( https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... akes-shape ).

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

I still get a Periodic E-mail Newsletter from the good folk at Riversimple.

One came today reporting a very successful participation in the EV Rally from London to Paris earlier in the month and trailed on the FCF, as a follow on from a rather pathetic and deliberate you tube video fail by Jordan of Artisan Electrics to do a similar thing. Riversimple took 3 of their RASA fuel cell cars, and being reasonably intelligent people did the return trip without a single hitch. I'll put the contents of their newsletter in the spoiler, I'm sure they wont mind its free and they will send it to anyone who registers an interest.
Spoiler: show
July 2023 Newsletter
London to Paris to Wales in a weekend

It's been a while since I sent a round up of news but we've been madly busy. A big thank you to all who supported us in our crowdfunding campaign; we are now focused on securing funds for scaling up, expanding the senior team and developing our first production car. If you are skilled in management, engineering, manufacturing or service operations and want to be part of Riversimple, please get in touch.

In terms of events, we have definitely been on the road. The latest was the London to Paris EV Rally, leaving Westminster at 8am on Saturday July 1st for Brighton, overnight on the Newhaven to Dieppe ferry, down to Paris and back on the Sunday. We were proud to receive an award for the Most Innovative Vehicle on the rally. In both countries we took the scenic route down through all the little villages and the motorway back at full speed. The Rasas were faultless; by the end of the trip, we were in much worse shape than the cars – two sleepless nights in a row on the floor of the ferry!

Guest drivers Justin Baird Murray and Steve Cropley (Editor-in-Chief of Autocar) joined the crew
Photographer: Anthony Dawton
Riversimple Newsletter July 2023
Riversimple Newsletter July 2023
A calm and sunny drive round the Arc de Triomphe
Hugo took a Rasa to Groundswell on June 29th, an event dedicated to regenerative farming practices. What's the connection? Working with nature rather than against it. There is no waste in nature and we are working to minimise ours in every way we can with circular business practices.

Talking of circularity, we held a showcase of findings from the Circular Revolution project at Techniquest in Cardiff on Tuesday June 20th. This collaboration with Swansea University and the University of Exeter (part-funded by European Regional Development Fund through the Welsh Funding Office) has been focused on the support systems, legal and technical, needed to develop a sale of service supply chain.

For the last couple of months the Rasa Alpha has been in the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu in an exhibition called Motopia. We were very flattered to be placed beside a truly seminal car, Amherst Villiers' Blower Bentley from 1929. Amherst was an extraordinarily talented engineer – he also designed the first Bluebird, was President of the American Rocket Society and had a big hand in the BRM engine that won Graham Hill the World Championship in 1962. He was a great friend of Ian Fleming and is considered the inspiration for the character Q in the Bond films. This was particularly poignant because, when he was in his late 80s/early 90s, he was a mentor to Riversimple's MD Hugo, who used to dine with him every two or three weeks.
We'll keep the rest of the news for the next missive. Thank you for reading!
Fiona, on behalf of the Riversimple team
The trail on the FCF
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 12:22 July 1st and 2nd this year will see the London to Paris Rally via Brighton (and the Newhaven to Dieppe ferry).

The Argus has the details
London to Paris EV run via Brighton launches at Soho House

Our featured friends today March 14th, River simple will be entering 3 of their RASA H2 Fuel Cell Cars. Yes a fuel cell car is an EV. I suspect that they will complete the trip with no problems. Somewhere in France there will be an H2 refuelling pump or two if they need it, and I expect the folks at Riversimple will have carefully planned and confirmed their refuelling arrangements before the event, unlike our Jordan.

Maybe Jordan will enter his Van, more opportunity for another disaster movie script to be followed. Scene 1 the van could get pushed off the ferry by deliberately running out of leccy.
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey