405 MI16v-Major Major brake problems

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Blagarse Yank
My Cars:

405 MI16v-Major Major brake problems

Post by Blagarse Yank »

A few days ago the warning light for the ABS came up on the dash whilst out driving. I did the normal tests-fluid topped up, all fuses and wires working well and all pressure connections ok. No leaking of fluid from any calipers etc. So I got back into to finish my journey with normal brakes only.
Big mistake - Within three miles I had total and utter break failure. Pedal all the way to the floor and nothing. Handbrake was the only thing that worked.
How is this possible? According to the rule book even with an ABS failure normal braking should remain as a fail safe. I have triple checked everything and the system is fully charged. Sometimes to the brakes work fine, other times the ABS warning light comes on and there is a total brake failure coming up in a mile or so...
Any ideas at all? NB- It's the orange ABS light coming on NOT the red Brake light.
Regards
Blagarse Yank
My Cars:

Post by Blagarse Yank »

I'm guessing that everyones silence means they are as stumped as I am??
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Sounds like something to do with the valve block or ecu, try the forum on bba-reman.com
Dave
hariaran
My Cars:

Post by hariaran »

i had abs problems just like yours but i drive a 605. mine was a bendix system that worked with a modulator. do a search on 605 abs in the peugeot forum and you'll find the thread related to my abs problem and how i sorted things out. hope this helps.
cheers,
hari
Edited by - hariaran on 05 Dec 2002 15:52:15
Blagarse Yank
My Cars:

Post by Blagarse Yank »

Thanks guys,
That insight is much appreciated -I'll be checking that this week!
Regards