Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by daviemck2006 »

It is Neil. It's one of the best beaches in this area. I was born 2 miles along the coast in a tiny village with another cracking beachImage

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

Going from the left of that photo there's 3 houses, then a space, then a darker house with white painted window and door surrounds. That's the house I started my life in.Image
Here's a view from that house of the beach on a sunny Sunday in the 70's

Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Just for fun Neil I've edited your quote. :-D

"the organs of the wife of Robert the Bruce are said to be buried in its old Kirk
and a traditional soup is made from them smoked."
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

daviemck2006 wrote:It is Neil. It's one of the best beaches in this area. I was born 2 miles along the coast in a tiny village with another cracking beachImage
Davie, that’s two utterly crackingly beautiful pictures you've posted up there... Makes one really wish to travel to Scotland...
Gibbo2286 wrote:That Monsieur Beeching got around a bit didn't he. :-D
The French did close some lines but at least they built a lot of new ones fit for the 21st Century and beyond which is somewhat more that the half-hearted and flawed attempts the UK have made (with one or two exceptions) to try and modernise our railways...

Bet they never closed a railway like the Great Central as Beeching did. The only Main Line in the UK built to the continental loading gauge and our most modern. It was built with the intention and plan to one day join up with the continental European network via a channel tunnel - hence why it was built to the same spec. as continental main lines...

And now they want to rebuild it 50 years on as HS2... You couldn't make it up :evil:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

...and the one with the cars on the beach....a wonderful image......who needs car parks! but maybe that was the source of North Sea oil....bet none of those cars had an undertray!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Re: RE: Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by daviemck2006 »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:...and the one with the cars on the beach....a wonderful image......who needs car parks! but maybe that was the source of North Sea oil....bet none of those cars had an undertray!

Regards Neil
And they probably all dropped oil! Us kids used to earn pocket money digging and pushing them out in a hurry as the tide was coming in. I have seen some stuck and abandoned and flooded lol. Never ours though, even when we moved from that house and we went back to the beach dad didn't take the car down. He had seen far too many getting stuck!

Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
NewcastleFalcon

Well not too much difficult with the second wheresthisbeachthen? That'll be Sandend!

Looks like the little harbour is a bit further on out of shot looking at the satellite view!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Reminds me of blackrock sands up here, well worth a visit if you'r on holiday in N Wales. In Summer they charge you to bring your car onto the Beach. In Winter it's deserted and a great spot for a bit of a play in a scrapper.
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Re: RE: Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by daviemck2006 »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:Well not too much difficult with the second wheresthisbeachthen? That'll be Sandend!

Looks like the little harbour is a bit further on out of shot looking at the satellite view!

Regards Neil
Yes it's Sandend, or Sanine as us locals pronounce it. Another couple of photos, they are not mine but are pinched with permission.ImageImage

Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
NewcastleFalcon

Those Scottish Aerials are superb photo's, wonder if they are taken using a drone, or a more conventional plane....and they found a couple of sunny days in the north of Scotland!

Surveying the scene of the cars on the beach I thought I had spotted a Ford Consul Capri Classic Convertible in Grey, which would have been quite a rarity seing as most if not all emerged from the factory with the roof on. Zooming in a bit looks more like the standard coupe.

Simon Cars as ever comes up with the nice images

http://www.simoncars.co.uk/ford/slides/ ... 20rear.jpg]

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 10 Jan 2017, 18:00, edited 2 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Different rear light on that one too.
I really like those.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I fitted a radio in one of those, the customer wanted the aerial at the rear just to the right front of the boot lid, the body shape there had been obtained by adding 3/8" thickness of lead.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
NewcastleFalcon

The car in question is the one in the orange box

Not much to go on....if its four doors its a Ford Consul Classic, if its 2-doors it could be either a Ford Consul Classic, or a Ford Consul Capri. Quite a short-lived model, but I do remember them well from my infancy!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That was well spotted Neil ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: Picture(s) of the day...Poland Special

Post by bobins »

CitroJim wrote:Going back to bridges for the moment. Today marks the 50th anniversary of the opening of the first Severn Bridge...

I recall going over it soon after it opened... Many did, just for the novelty of it...
Jumping back a bit here, but there's a half decent 30 minute documentary about the Severn Bridge on iPlayer at the moment - available for another three weeks from today.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... h-wire-act
It even features the old car ferries :)
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(