How hot does it have to be?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: How hot does it have to be?

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:
Bargeman wrote:
Pondering such thing as just what is the perfect time to leave beer in the fridge.
Not long or someone else will snaffle it.
Beer will go past its best before date in mine... The other day I found a can of Lipton lemon Tea well beyond its date :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Bargeman
My Cars: 1999 Xantia Estate 2.0 16v
2012 C3 Picasso 1.6 HDI

Post by Bargeman »

Not a big drinker myself, did enough of that when working shifts at a brewery! Then later the Fire Station had it's own bar, Health and Sanity has closed that though. (always had a sober crew).

But I do like the occasional glass, especially in this hot weather at around 6.00 p.m. especially if a neighbour happens by a cold larger is refreshing, with a dose of chatter.

Two weeks ago here in the land of the Frog, I found a local supermarket (18 km away) which sells Old Speckled Hen and Bombardier bitters. A real treat, a taste of "home". bought four of each, three of both still "in stock".

Good wine here at affordable prices, and not the rough stuff either. For the amount that we drink a couple of Euro a bottle more does not make much difference.

Bargeman
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I'd love a drink every now and again but sadly I cannot. I've been alcohol intolerant for a few years now so I'm an involuntary teetotaller ;(

I'm also caffeine intolerant but that's not so bad as I have found many good decaff coffees and Rooibos tea but sadly I’ve never found a good non-alcoholic wine or beer... My ideal drink would be a nice non-alcoholic tawny port but I don't think such a thing will ever exist...

I do have a nice bottle of port here but strictly for cooking only... It's lasted about two years so far!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...