An Appeal For Forum Funds...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

An Appeal For Forum Funds...

Post by CitroJim »

Sadly, a reality of life is that running a forum such as this one costs money. Each month almost £25 has to be forked out to pay for the hosting servers and every so often the domain registrations require renewal...

Luckily the admin staff work for free :lol:

To meet these costs I'd be most appreciative if any members would care to make a donation to the Forum Fund. Our last appeal, which was some time ago raised a good amount and for this reason the begging bowl has been gathering dust for a while but sadly, those funds are now diminishing and it's time to run the duster over said bowl again.

Donations are purely voluntary and can be either made as a one-off donation via PayPal or if you wish via bank transfer. You can even set up a Standing Order if you wish!

PayPal donations may be made to forumfund (at) bxclub.co.uk

The reason for the bxclub bit in the address is that both the FCF and BXClub are co-hosted and co-administered... We look after them both effectively...

For those wishing to pay by bank transfer, please PM me for the account details. Only established members will be permitted to have the details as in the past the account has suffered fraudulent activity...

All donations will be acknowledged.

Many, many thanks in anticipation. Your support keeps this forum mercifully free of advertising!

Any questions, please ask...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Re: An Appeal For Forum Funds...

Post by elma »

Send me the bank details please Jim.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

elma wrote:Send me the bank details please Jim.
Many thanks! I surely will James...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
jimmymarsbar
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: 307 2.0 hdi 110
Megane Estate 1.5dCi

Post by jimmymarsbar »

I sold a heating vent pivot bush off my 307 today, so I have happily donated the proceeds of that sale to the forum fund. It's not a lot, but I hope it helps.

Jim
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

dropped a bit via paypal
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks both :D
Jim

white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

PayPal have completely screwed up, and are preventing me from verifying my account/identity.
Not one of their customer service phone numbers is reachable or responding.
God Bless the Yanks - but it'll all be ok, because T***p now has the expert help of Mr.Farridge.

Jim,
Could you PM me Club bank details, so I can do the necessary?
Thanks,
Chris
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

Send me the bank details Jim. My PayPal is wonky just now.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Chris, Davie,

No worries... PMs with the requisite details will be on their way to you very soon..

Many, many thanks :D
Jim

JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

daviemck2006 wrote: My PayPal is wonky just now.
Mine was last night. Couldn't get it to work but fine now. A 'little something' is winging its way to you!
2010 C5 X7 VTR+Nav 160
1998 1.5 Saxo
1998 Pug 306 1.9D
2018 C4 B7 VTR+
2011 Citroen C1
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

JohnD wrote:
daviemck2006 wrote: My PayPal is wonky just now.
Mine was last night. Couldn't get it to work but fine now. A 'little something' is winging its way to you!
John, many thanks indeed :D Just seen it come winging its way in and landing safely ;)
Jim

demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

Have just donated a small amount. Will send more next week when I get my pension! We have to keep these venerable institutions alive and kicking. I mean the forums Jim not you. Haha.[emoji1]

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks Dave, very appreciated :D
demag wrote:We have to keep these venerable institutions alive and kicking. I mean the forums Jim not you. Haha.[emoji1]
I don't know, I certainly feel like one sometimes and pension for me is not far off now ;)
Jim

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I've just made a donation to the pension fund [emoji15] [emoji12] [emoji13] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

daviemck2006 wrote:I've just made a donation to the pension fund [emoji15] [emoji12] [emoji13] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
Thanks Davie :D

Donations received so far have secured the future of the forums for the next six months but do keep them coming!

So as you all know, the monies donated either by PayPal or direct into the bank account are transferred into a savings account unconnected with the main forum accounts for safety. The safety factor being that we have experienced fraudulent activity on the bank account when its details were known far and wide and in fact lost some money due to fraudulent DDs being set up on it... Mainly for gym memberships oddly enough... Then there was the time someone tried to launder several million pounds through it.. I kid you not!

Now, the account is only for transfer purposes to an account that never has its details revealed... It is from there the bills are paid...

Forum funding is always open to close scrutiny and the accounts are audited regularly by an independent treasurer...
Jim