Sorry, not about a French car.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Sorry, not about a French car.

Post by daviemck2006 »

Hey Guys, just wondering if anyone knows much about a Nissan micra before I go join a micra forum that I don't really want to join! A 54 plate micra 1.2. I bought for a friend. It was running ok but not brilliant once going but has starting issues. I changed oil, filters and plugs, not really before time and that made a big difference. However it has now stopped starting. I did read on honest john that these are prone to immobliser problems. When i looked in the fuse box the fuse for the immobiliser has been changed as it is the onyy fuse which is in the wrong way round from the rest. There is only one key so can't try the spare. Does anyone know much about them?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
NewcastleFalcon

Re: Sorry, not about a French car.

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Know nothing about the Nissan Micra but I did find this on a quick internet enquiry...

Nissan Micra 2005 immobiliser problem

Some sort of convoluted procedure for resetting it ONCE!!!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I got the codes read then cleared and it's starting but nor running cleanly. The codes said camshaft position sensor open circuit. Another one is ordered. I also found on a search that there cars can benefit from disconnecting the battery for at least 5 minutes. I shall try the disconnect battery tomorrow.

Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

daviemck2006 wrote:I also found on a search that there cars can benefit from disconnecting the battery for at least 5 minutes. I shall try the disconnect battery tomorrow.
Although only a pretend Nissan, this worked a treat on Sian's Pixo to cure a bit of rough running a while back. In fact it's the recognised procedure...

Always worth a go as it often forces the ECU to forget all it's learned about the engine and has to re-learn from scratch...

Same applies to a lot of Xantia ECUs...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

I disconnected the battery a little while ago when it was summer, it's now winter so may be disconnected for some time, days, weeks, months, who knows! This is north Scotland [emoji12] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

LOL!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

It's summer again and the micra is working properly. It had the battery disconnected overnight and a new camshaft position sensor fitted. Its ready to go to a new owner with a small profit to me [emoji4]

Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Result :D

So, did the battery disconnect do the trick then Davie?
Jim

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

The small profit in this case will be a hug, possibly a kiss and a meal out anywhere that doesn't sell pizzas [emoji13] [emoji12] [emoji23]

Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's the best profit of all Davie!
Jim

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

The BSi on these lives under the headlight (yes really) and it may be bumper off etc to get at it. THere are some fuses inside this, but thankfully not many.

In terms of immob concerns, the ones that have the keyless entry / starting are the ones that are likely to give issues. I know parents had one from brand new and it broke down three times within six months.

EDIT... Clarification on the above comment: It was the "computer" that shut the car down from what I've been told. As to why is another matter. To cut it short it had to go back to the dealer at least for two of those, as the callout people were not able to do a roadside fix.

The later ones (I think about 57 plate) tend to not suffer and the older shape don't. Having said that with the passing of time issues with this are likely well sorted.

To finally balance this out, a few people around here where I live had them (there's an 03 plate, a 57 plate and a 58 plate) and none of them have had any issues that I'm aware of...
Last edited by spider on 29 Jun 2016, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

spider wrote:To finally balance this out, a few people around here where I live had them (there's an 03 plate, a 57 plate and a 58 plate) and none of them have had any issues that I'm aware of...
Apart from with their driving skills and ability... :twisted: :roll: :lol:
Jim

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

CitroJim wrote:
spider wrote:To finally balance this out, a few people around here where I live had them (there's an 03 plate, a 57 plate and a 58 plate) and none of them have had any issues that I'm aware of...
Apart from with their driving skills and ability... :twisted: :roll: :lol:
Unfortunately its not limited to one make / model of car. The three I mention, two are spotless and carefully used, the other one is a complete shed with a selection of battle scars (which slowly are still growing)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

I did not try it with just the battery disconnect. The sensor cost £25 and took about 5 minutes to put in and then connected battery and it's running perfectly.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2