I-Spy Classic Cars/Bikes-What have you spotted?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: Classic car spring/summer season 2016-What have you spotted?

Post by bobins »

Not to be outdone :-D I've just passed this at the side of the road. I'm sure it wasn't broken down.... I'm sure he was just letting the engine see the nice view 8-[ :wink:

Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Xantianut
My Cars: 2002 C5 2.0 HDi 110 SX

RIP:
1993 Xantia 1.8i LX
1989 BX16TRS
1986 BX14E x 2

Post by Xantianut »

Ay up!

On a recent return from our Mountain Fastness in North Wales I spotted am ice blue E Type series 1 roadster, a Citroen H van in silver (looked like she'd been galvanised!) and a gorgeous turquoise Goddess.

Still futuristic after all these years.
C5 HDi 110 SX (Fifi 7 or Otterchops)

RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

bobins wrote:Not to be outdone :-D I've just passed this at the side of the road. I'm sure it wasn't broken down.... I'm sure he was just letting the engine see the nice view 8-[ :wink:
That looks very much like one of these a Ford Granada Ghia Coupe.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: That looks very much like one of these a Ford Granada Ghia Coupe.

Regards Neil
Perhaps they all came factory fitted with the bonnet already opened ? :rofl2: :lol: :wink:
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
NewcastleFalcon

..talking of open bonnets.....I've just seen a 1941 two-tone Buick with the bonnet up and boot open, with socket set out!

I guess the most irritating question you can ask in such circumstances is "Having trouble?.." Not that I asked such a question, but was speaking to a gentleman who did, who got a pretty stonewall response from the man with the sockets out. Still bonnet closed and it manoeuvred itself back and forwards and on its way pretty quick.

....also saw two little red, what I would call "racing cars", in convoy quite looked the part on a sunny day like today.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

A few spots from me this week.
I've seen numerous classic 911s and MG Bs this week. I think the owners clubs must have passed through.

This made my day, spotted at a rally on Llandudno Prom.
Then it's cousin made my day again.
ImageImage
One used to live about 5 doors up from us when I was a kid. I didn't know what it was back then but i loved its look, its sound and its weird green stripes.
There were two of these beautiful BMWs as well. Unfortunately they drew a little crowd so the picture lacks car.
A pair of Morgans, one is LHD one is RHD.
Finally a V8 Daimler auto. It was driving along with the roof open and the guys Labrador loving every minute of it. The Daimler left behind it the proper smell an engine makes and a lovely chugging sound rather than a Burble.

Someones driving round in an American Plymouth V8 monster. I've had my hands busy on a steering wheel each time I've seen it so far but I'll get a picture asap.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

bobins wrote:
NewcastleFalcon wrote: That looks very much like one of these a Ford Granada Ghia Coupe.

Regards Neil
Perhaps they all came factory fitted with the bonnet already opened ? :rofl2: :lol: :wink:
:rofl2: Don't know about that but I do know they were bloody gorgeous, especially in red; one of the best looking Fords ever 8-)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

elma wrote:A few spots from me this week.

This made my day, spotted at a rally on Llandudno Prom.
Reminds me of our holidays!

Crayford did do the mark I as well
Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 05 Jun 2016, 19:43, edited 3 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Heading to my first call of the day, as I passed through Felbridge there was obviously a car get-together. There were about a dozen Triumph Stags in a pub car park. I also saw (along my route of the day, from Reading to Eastbourne, to Southampton and back to Reading) several 2CVs in different colours.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Saw a dark green Stag yesterday James...

Today out on my bike I just caught a glimpse of something old, blue and with a boat-tail... I heard it more than I saw it!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Remember the last minutes of New Tricks, with Dennis Waterman's BRG Stag meeting its (and his?) end?
Bet someone has a clip...
Chris
NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote:Saw a dark green Stag yesterday James...

Today out on my bike I just caught a glimpse of something old, blue and with a boat-tail... I heard it more than I saw it!
Old..........yes 1930 to be precise
Blue.........yes
Boat tail.....yes
Heard it more than saw it......possibly but maybe would suspect something a little bigger than a midget.....

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Xantianut wrote:Ay up!

On a recent return from our Mountain Fastness in North Wales I spotted am ice blue E Type series 1 roadster, a Citroen H van in silver (looked like she'd been galvanised!) and a gorgeous turquoise Goddess.

Still futuristic after all these years.
The exact shade of the gorgeous turquoise goddess no doubt lies somewhere within these pages from this website http://www.nuancierds.fr/entreeuk.htm

There is a BLEU Turquoise AC137 which was available on the ID, but it is a much lighter blue.....

......than this which is the sort of shade I imagine being turquoise

There are some fine examples of the various colours available on the e-type, and the relevant years from this website http://www.xkedata.com/catalog/colors/. I used it to track down one in "Golden Sand" we came across on our recent little holiday in North Wales.

...and its always nice to spot an HVan particularly a live on the road spot making its way under its own steam. Atlantic Motorhomes in Colwyn Bay provide some reassuring expertese on all things to do with Citroen H Vans so North Wales is one of the best parts of the Country to take the plunge and actually risk owning one!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
CitroJim wrote:Saw a dark green Stag yesterday James...

Old..........yes 1930 to be precise
Blue.........yes
Boat tail.....yes
Heard it more than saw it......possibly but maybe would suspect something a little bigger than a midget.....

Regards Neil
That looks very much like it Neil :D

Love that turquoise DS 8-) Lovely colour!
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Looking to try and find examples of the "little red racing cars" I saw yesterday, with not much to go on other than that description, i came across the ariel Atom.....which they weren't.....but a few images like this showing our boys in blue using them.....anyone ever seen an ariel atom police car in action or should I check again to see if it was April 1st?

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey