Davie's french attraction.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8390
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I've just insured and taxed the 205. There was a mishap at 6.15 this morning when a red skoda hit black ice then reversed off the road, down a 6ft bank and into a field. There's remarkably little damage for doing this at an alleged 60mph! Shaun is pissed off cos he always thought when he crashed it would be at a higher speed and a somersault or 2 in a big crash! He only really smashed a rear light. Scratched and dented drivers door and wing, ripped off front bumper and grill, broke clips on one headlight, ripped the bottom hose off the radiator and done something to suspension or steering. He is very lucky that's all the damage to the car and no damage to himself apart from his ego! And two broken fence posts lol
So due to the activa with no gearbox, his 205gti not roadworthy, his fabia unroadworthy until bits are sourced and the 107 being unable to split in two as we both need a car, then the 205 gets an airing. He had to pay the insurance, I was going to transfer either the activas or his fabias but that costs £26, then £26 again to change back, it was cheaper for a month's temporary insurance for me driving, so he will run the 107 for a week or two until all skoda bits are sourced and fitted.
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
So due to the activa with no gearbox, his 205gti not roadworthy, his fabia unroadworthy until bits are sourced and the 107 being unable to split in two as we both need a car, then the 205 gets an airing. He had to pay the insurance, I was going to transfer either the activas or his fabias but that costs £26, then £26 again to change back, it was cheaper for a month's temporary insurance for me driving, so he will run the 107 for a week or two until all skoda bits are sourced and fitted.
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8390
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Sorry to hear about the Skoda Davie
Who'd have thought black ice would have been a danger so late in the year!
A bit of use will do the 205 a world of good and give you a chance to reacquaint yourself with the second best small car ever* so it's not all bad...
*The accolade of best small car ever of course falls to the C1/107/Aygo...
A bit of use will do the 205 a world of good and give you a chance to reacquaint yourself with the second best small car ever* so it's not all bad...
*The accolade of best small car ever of course falls to the C1/107/Aygo...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Yes, having the two best small cars ever is good. [emoji4]
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8390
Re: Davie's french attraction.
You're a very lucky man Daviedaviemck2006 wrote:Yes, having the two best small cars ever is good. [emoji4]
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
The 205 is exactly as remembered. Starts instantly, drives well apart from noisy gearbox. It is more comfortable than the 107, slightly better pull than the 107 at low revs and sticks to the road like glue. Both it and the activa are due mot the same day in September! I'm glad I did not sell it, for the 200 I got offered for it, it's going on the road in October and the activa will go in the lock up.
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
After more than a week of solely 205 driving I have to report that it is coping well with the hard life of a hot food delivery hack. The niggles for the job compared to the 107 are, slightly harder on fuel, heavier to drive all round steering clutch and brakes, a bit lower so worse for my knackered back getting in and out. Benefits are nippier, more comfortable seats and ride. Using an old trick, front tyres inflated a bit more than they should be makes the steering more manageable. If I come down to the northern in it I shall let them down to the recommended for a gti 1.6, as I'm running pug 106 gti wheels and the size of tyres the 205gti has.
Shaun hasn't managed to get all the bits he needs to fix the skoda yet. He got very lucky last week getting a 2003 Honda civic type r with some go faster bits for the princly sum of £40. No that's not a misprint. Forty quid. Nothing wrong with it, just a short mot. It's getting a new mot and taxed and on for his daily until skoda is back on the road then sold for probably over 2 grand! He got this off the NE Scotland raffle page, where folk raffle their cars, 59 tickets, car goes when all are paid on the next bonus ball on the lottery. The car actually was owned by one of his best mates, so the mate got £2340 for the car, Shaun got it for £40! It's made up for him crashing the skoda!
Still no word of his 205gti.
I have a friend looking for a small cheap to run reliable car and only had 800 to spend. I have advised her to go Jap, specifically a Toyota yaris. This is based on the running gear being basically the same as the c1/107. Should get a clean one about 2003 for that, although I spotted a 2006 cat C , just a deep scrape on the passenger door and just into the 1/4 panel and only 64000 miles. That would be worth the 600 asking price and look for a door the correct colour in a scrappy. We shall see.
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Shaun hasn't managed to get all the bits he needs to fix the skoda yet. He got very lucky last week getting a 2003 Honda civic type r with some go faster bits for the princly sum of £40. No that's not a misprint. Forty quid. Nothing wrong with it, just a short mot. It's getting a new mot and taxed and on for his daily until skoda is back on the road then sold for probably over 2 grand! He got this off the NE Scotland raffle page, where folk raffle their cars, 59 tickets, car goes when all are paid on the next bonus ball on the lottery. The car actually was owned by one of his best mates, so the mate got £2340 for the car, Shaun got it for £40! It's made up for him crashing the skoda!
Still no word of his 205gti.
I have a friend looking for a small cheap to run reliable car and only had 800 to spend. I have advised her to go Jap, specifically a Toyota yaris. This is based on the running gear being basically the same as the c1/107. Should get a clean one about 2003 for that, although I spotted a 2006 cat C , just a deep scrape on the passenger door and just into the 1/4 panel and only 64000 miles. That would be worth the 600 asking price and look for a door the correct colour in a scrappy. We shall see.
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I drove shauns civic type r yesterday. Driving nearly sensibly, only to about 5000rpm it feels like any other hot hatch, fairly rapid but not very torquey. Get I to hooligan mode though and holy crap! The thing is absolutely mental! It is race tuned, race clutch, race brakes, race suspension, in fact all it would need is stripping out and race seats and a cage and it's ready for the track. I couldn't drive it for more than the 10 miles I did drive it, on my favourite windy road. It would leave the activa standing on acceleration, don't know about handling, but give me the activa any day! Give me his skoda VRS any day and I thought it was a hard ride on its coilovers! He says his chum has had it up to 160! Fearsome! He will either lose his licence or his life. I hope it's the former.
I have the 107 back though, and it is better for work than the 205. One delivery to ight, the guy came out for his order and asked where the 205 was. I said up at the house as I need the power steering. He said are you selling it? I said everything is for sale if you give me enough. He gave me an offer there and then which is as much as I would have asked, so a sale provisionally agreed. He says it won't be for a week or so, so it's going to the northern then home and sold. I don't need and can't afford to insure and tax 3 cars, so it makes sense for it to be the one to go.
The 107 continues to do what a 107 does.
I have the 107 back though, and it is better for work than the 205. One delivery to ight, the guy came out for his order and asked where the 205 was. I said up at the house as I need the power steering. He said are you selling it? I said everything is for sale if you give me enough. He gave me an offer there and then which is as much as I would have asked, so a sale provisionally agreed. He says it won't be for a week or so, so it's going to the northern then home and sold. I don't need and can't afford to insure and tax 3 cars, so it makes sense for it to be the one to go.
The 107 continues to do what a 107 does.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8390
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I saw one of the new Civic Type R the other day.. Looks like something out of Mad Max!!! An incredible looker that has the appearance of a boy's toy come to life - which I suppose it is... The engines are amazing though...
I hope the 205 is going for a very good price Davie.. They are worth serious money now...
All set for a day on your Activa today
I hope the 205 is going for a very good price Davie.. They are worth serious money now...
All set for a day on your Activa today
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Ones like the gti, xs, rallye, STDT are making good money Jim. "Normal" ones like 1.0, 1.1, junior, gr, and all 5 door ones aren't. A 1.1 5 door like mine still has all the charm and fun of its bigger brothers for less money. I'm fully expecting that my times with a 205 are not over, and I am not counting the gti which is getting welded sometime for shaun. He is not worried how long it takes, as it's a gti in red, and once restored is going to be worth a fortune. I'd like either a 3 door STDT or 1.4 xs, but said cars must have power steering. If it was a good enough one it may even become the daily and lose the 107, although it is as near perfect as possible for what I do with it. An STDT if it could be persuaded to run on veggie would be great though! Or converted to a 1.9 xud td with a bosch pump,,,,,,,,,
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I see a 205 limited edition mardi gras limited edition 3 door in miami blue 1.8 td on ebay in northern Ireland. That would be about my perfect 205. I got a few decent comments about mine at the weekend. It's far from mint condition, every door and one rear wheelarch has scrapes in them, but the paint is such good condition apart from that, not a speck of rust, and the inside is unmarked, and the engine runs as sweet as the day it was made. Just under 67k covered now. It coped really well, better than I have, for its near 900 miles in 3 days. If it wasn't for the harsh, noisy final drive it would run as new. I got fed up going home of treating it with kid gloves at 60 mph and decided to give it a bit stick, thinking if I break it there's always the AA! So from Berwick to Aberdeen, mostly dual carriageway it got an indicated 80, which on the sat nav said it was 75, every inch of the way, sometimes more. That is one seriously able car for long distance use, even though it's only a baby 1100. And did the whole journey at 49 mpg! Supposed to be selling it this week. I really don't know if I want to sell it. The temporary insurance is out on Friday, I can't justify 3 insurances, so I'm considering trade insurance, which I will get for less than the price of insuring the 3 of them separately.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8390
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
The 205 has gone to a new home and a new life as a pizza/kebab delivery car at our competitors in the town. I didnt care who bought it, I was happy with what I got for it!
So I was given £800 from a friend with a brief to go find a car which would have a chance of being reliable and cheap to run. And yes, I did offer her the 205 but the lack of power steering put her off. Not much doing in the small ads so off to the auction I went last night. Home came a Nissan micra, 04 reg in fantastic condition with 75000 miles under its wheels, with enough change to service and tax it and some left over. Success! Espically as when she saw it the reaction was ooooo I had a earlier micra in the past and loved it and if I had picked a car it would have been one. Bigger success then. After it went through I had to sit on my hands, no nail my hands to the seat and duck tape my mouth shut. C5 2.0 16v hdi vtx+ in a gorgeous deep metallic blue 54 plate 106000 miles with 10 service stamps. £120 SOLD!!!!!!!!!
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
So I was given £800 from a friend with a brief to go find a car which would have a chance of being reliable and cheap to run. And yes, I did offer her the 205 but the lack of power steering put her off. Not much doing in the small ads so off to the auction I went last night. Home came a Nissan micra, 04 reg in fantastic condition with 75000 miles under its wheels, with enough change to service and tax it and some left over. Success! Espically as when she saw it the reaction was ooooo I had a earlier micra in the past and loved it and if I had picked a car it would have been one. Bigger success then. After it went through I had to sit on my hands, no nail my hands to the seat and duck tape my mouth shut. C5 2.0 16v hdi vtx+ in a gorgeous deep metallic blue 54 plate 106000 miles with 10 service stamps. £120 SOLD!!!!!!!!!
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I've just been out for an enthusiastic run in the activa on my favourite back road. Wow, that car is fun! Running beautifully, new clutch brilliant, new front brakes biting well, the old rear ones must still be holding properly, all four wheels were warm, the fronts slightly warmer. Far far better than any of the two cars shaun has, his skoda is too low and takes the Arches all the time and rides like a wheelbarrow and the Honda although faster in the gears feels like sitting on a pneumatic drill, drive over a fag paper and break your back! The activa can go just as fast and in comfort! It can be everything I need in a car apart from economical for pizza delivery, but that's why I have a 107!
Speaking about the 107, I have just ordered two new uniroyal rain expert tyres for the rear. I was going to go for vredestien quattric which the front wears, but to be honest I'm not that impressed with them. They are not great in the wet. The Falkens that are coming off have done nearly 40k on the rear, which is not bad considering 30k of them were by shaun with a few handbrake turns done lol. The car has done 13k since I took it over 7 months ago, but some days it has bone shauns 82 mile there and back commute and then 50 to 60 miles on the deliveries. I have a funny feeling the clutch is nearing the end of its life, it's getting noisy. It's a known thing on them that the release bearing is weak. I better start buying bits ready to do it. And be ready to call the AA to transport it to the clutch miester 615 away[emoji12] [emoji23] I will send hin [emoji487] [emoji489] for doing it, far easier job than an activa [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
Speaking about the 107, I have just ordered two new uniroyal rain expert tyres for the rear. I was going to go for vredestien quattric which the front wears, but to be honest I'm not that impressed with them. They are not great in the wet. The Falkens that are coming off have done nearly 40k on the rear, which is not bad considering 30k of them were by shaun with a few handbrake turns done lol. The car has done 13k since I took it over 7 months ago, but some days it has bone shauns 82 mile there and back commute and then 50 to 60 miles on the deliveries. I have a funny feeling the clutch is nearing the end of its life, it's getting noisy. It's a known thing on them that the release bearing is weak. I better start buying bits ready to do it. And be ready to call the AA to transport it to the clutch miester 615 away[emoji12] [emoji23] I will send hin [emoji487] [emoji489] for doing it, far easier job than an activa [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8390
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Great news on the Activa Davie, delighted you're enjoying it. Means a lot to me 
I'd be very happy to do a 107 clutch, a lot easier than an Activa I reckon...
So, send it down when the time comes... A 107 is so small I expect you could post it....
I'd be very happy to do a 107 clutch, a lot easier than an Activa I reckon...
So, send it down when the time comes... A 107 is so small I expect you could post it....
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...