The pleasures of looking for a new car....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: The pleasures of looking for a new car....

Post by CitroJim »

I gave up buying and selling cars last year... I hope I now have the two cars that will see me all the way to the end of my driving career... I have no intention of adding to nor subtracting from the fleet...

If my C1 ever needs replacing it'll be with another brand-new one - bought over the 'phone like my present one!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
superloopy
My Cars:

Post by superloopy »

'Pal' is not a colloquiallism widely used up here in the northeast ... and i'm a geordie!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Mike

Xantia Activa Dante Red MK1 (96) 121k - SORN, to be broken
Xantia Activa Silex Grey MK2 (98) 120k -SORN, ditto
Xantia V6 Silex Grey MK2 (98) 95k - non-runner
Xantia TD Storm Grey MK1 (95) 95k - non-runner
BenC5HDi
Not Mike
My Cars: '07 Peugeot 207 1.4 "Sport" (Ha!)
'04 Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi with a 123BHP remap

Re: RE: Re: The pleasures of looking for a new car....

Post by BenC5HDi »

xantiamanic wrote:'Pal' is not a colloquiallism widely used up here in the northeast ... and i'm a geordie!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
It was by my grandad and all his family and friends..
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I don't buy and sell very often, my last 406 I have had nearly 6 years and the C5 about 5 years. I have though recently bought another 406 as my original one was getting tatty, drove fine though until I stopped using it and it got damp, all investigations have now failed and I have had to scrap it. :cry:

It used to average 50-60 mpg, the one I have replaced it with is doing less than 40 mpg - I wish I hadn't bothered. :x

Peter
BenC5HDi
Not Mike
My Cars: '07 Peugeot 207 1.4 "Sport" (Ha!)
'04 Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi with a 123BHP remap

Post by BenC5HDi »

I'd stick some millers in the fuel, check the exhaust isn't blocked or partially blocked, check the air filter is ok and do something totally alien to you and thrash it for a tank of fuel. This used to work wonders with old XUD motors when I bought them, when they were poorly and sluggish from years of pottering about.
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

.....another viewing today.....

Positives....I liked the seller....would quite happily have bought a car off him....now to the car.

First off putting point......"professional" valeting advertising papers in the drivers and passenger footwell.
Second putting off point....MOT to Sept but a couple of corroded but probably easily repairable but added expense sills
Third putting off point......stream of air bubbles in expansion tank as revs were increased-and I know if HG was responsible, an engine out job which is never going to happen.

So didn't really fancy that.

Didn't even take it for a test drive, just said I wouldn't be making an offer for it and thanked him for his time.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sounds like one to avoid at all costs Neil....

I trust you'll soon find success
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Thanks Jim, there really isn't too much pressure, on getting an immediate replacement which is good from a price negotiation point of view. I really should start to try to enjoy the chase :!: :) . Had a good day out down at the Coast looking at the lastest one....a beautiful crisp morning, with clear blue skies and plenty of fresh air and a nice cup of coffee and cake at Cullercoats Coffee. Coming home bit of a snowstorm, but when it cleared lovely blue sky again and Hedgehope Hill in the Cheviots doing a very good impression of Mount Fuji with its cap of the white stuff.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

This is for sale currently on e-bay. The description is one of those I would personally put in the "off-putting" category although I can see the point the seller is getting across, and with me the desired result has been achieved-no questions or offers from me stupid or otherwise!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I agree with his sentiments a lot...

He's clearly been a victim of the eBay dimwits in the past... There's enough of them :(
Jim