I-Spy Classic Cars/Bikes-What have you spotted?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: Classic car Autumn/Winter Collection (Spring/Summer S.H.!)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:Image

Well if the poor nova got a hammering I don't hold out much hope for the yellow maestro van :!:

Regards Neil

I bought and sold an awful lot of those, diesels mostly, and never had a complaint a very good piece of kit for the small business owner.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: Classic car spring/summer season-what have you spotted?

Post by bobins »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
So who is going to land the first classic car spot of the new season? and is some kind of reward, appropriate for the honour of the first spot.

If only you'd asked yesterday..... the 74th Memebers' Meeting of the Goodwood circuit was on this weekend - we've had dozens and dozens of classics of all shapes and sizes passing through here. :roll: I know, I know.... I should have been out there with my Box Brownie ready to record the various cars as they burbled / smoked / roared past, but I was a bit busy fettling a bracket for my motorbike so that took priority :-D
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

bobins wrote:
NewcastleFalcon wrote: So who is going to land the first classic car spot of the new season? and is some kind of reward, appropriate for the honour of the first spot.
I should have been out there with my Box Brownie ready to record the various cars as they burbled / smoked / roared past :-D
Yes I think for the first spot of the season to qualify for the "Cup" its got to be an original captured on a "Box Brownie" or some other device which takes photographic images. Colour nice but not compulsory :)

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Cool "box" for a retro GoPro mount :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
NewcastleFalcon

Well I can't claim the cup for this spot, but how many grey Jensen Incerceptor's can there be in County Durham. Friend of mine spotted one similar to this as it overtook him on his bike between Maiden Law and the Morrison Busty to be precise!

I had only just used the phrase "the grey isn't going to turn too many heads" on a grey CX 25 Prestige currently on e-bay he had sent me the link to.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's lovely :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

It certainly is. Local-ish to me but haven't seen it.
The last one I remember seeing was in Scarborough 51 years ago :(
NewcastleFalcon

http://www.jensen-sales.com/interceptor-r/Re: Classic car spring/summer season-what have you spotted?

The one in the pic is most likely a Jensen Interceptor R, a new "old" interceptor by Jensen International Automotive

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Re: Classic car spring/summer season 2016-claim the first spot Cup!?

..yes the 2016 first spot of the new season cup is still up for grabs....

I did see and old VW Camper heading up to Join the A1, and its huge traffic jam (for Northumberland anyway--probably about 10 miles) going North on Good Friday. We were heading South so missed the jam, but I did think nice bit of overheating on the way for the old camper even if it may have had a "wasserboxer"!

Only requirement for the "cup"....an original photo. What constitutes a classic is subjective of course, an original picture of a C2 is unlikely to qualify :-D unless its one of these "little lemons"

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

They're the best C2 for sure Neil... Love them to bits...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

......and a C4 like this would be unacceptable

...but one of these C4's just might be :)

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

... and just out of random interest this vehilcle is a RHD Citroen C6 Torpedo 1929 out of Citroen's factory at Slough.

The owner in 2012 at least, "habite en Ecosse a Cote de Aberdeen". Probably a touch more bracing than the Cote D'Azur!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

.....surprised the Easter weekend hasn't resulted in the fist spot trophy being claimed yet, maybe Easter in March is just too early, all I've seen so far is a VW Camper, and a green Morris Minor both without the camera to hand :)

The Pickled Egg landlord thought this Fountain lying around since the last Absinthe night might make a nice trophy.

regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 03 Apr 2016, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

I followed this earlier today - it should be an easy one, so I've made it a little harder......

Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
NewcastleFalcon

bobins wrote:I followed this earlier today - it should be an easy one, so I've made it a little harder......

That's the cup won! A genuine action picture as well! Its early season, and for me anyway classic car spots have been thin on the ground.

You are welcome to retain the Pickled Egg Absinthe Fountain trophy for 12 Months! Both aesthetically pleasing and practical. Its normal method of employment is to drizzle ice cold water slowly over a sugar cube placed on an absinthe slotted spoon, into a measure of Absinthe in a glass. Should you wish to use it as an LHM dispenser, give it a good rinse before returning it :)

...and the car in question, I thought it looked like one, but I have engaged in the dark arts of the whatsthisthen to confirm. It was at one time a popular choice for members of my Sunday League league football team, amongst the many near-MOT failures which used to assemble before the match. It looks to be a bog standard one very similar in colour to one on "Simon Cars".

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey