c5 suspension woes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Re: c5 suspension woes

Post by Stickyfinger »

I think by the sound of it, it has been done by moving the roll bar clamps and a Mk1 Eye Ball.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
aeroboy64

Post by aeroboy64 »

GiveMeABreak wrote:I've located all the X7 suspension measuring Docs now - but as you seem to have it working to your delight, I won't bother transferring these now unless anybody else wants them. Glad you're happy - it would be interesting for you to post back what the measurements were that he programmed into your car if you get time.
Its not 100% fixed yet but on the test drive was the difference between night and day?My mechanic only tried adjusting the height sensors manually just to see if it made a difference and by golly what a difference it made but still needs to be calibrated with lexia but we now know that we are moving in the right direction (smoothly i might add).
aeroboy64

Post by aeroboy64 »

Stickyfinger wrote:I think by the sound of it, it has been done by moving the roll bar clamps and a Mk1 Eye Ball.
and a certain amount of common sense.
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

GiveMeABreak wrote:I've located all the X7 suspension measuring Docs now - but as you seem to have it working to your delight, I won't bother transferring these now unless anybody else wants them. Glad you're happy - it would be interesting for you to post back what the measurements were that he programmed into your car if you get time.
From reading the post I reckon he just set it up by eye (and maybe a tape measure) by rotating the clamp on the AR bar. No Lexia/Diagbox needed for that! That's actually the same method I used for my Phase I C5 when the dogleg ball joint on the rear pot rusted off. I had tried to use the Lexia to set the height properly but it didn't seem to respond as I would expect and eventually decided "soddit" and started adjusting the clamp slightly until the car looked right.

Sometimes trying to do the right thing just doesn't bear fruit!

EDIT - a bit late to the party with my thoughts there!

WRT the X7 docs; as a recent owner I might be interested in them please.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

aeroboy64 wrote:
Stickyfinger wrote:I think by the sound of it, it has been done by moving the roll bar clamps and a Mk1 Eye Ball.
and a certain amount of common sense.
4 sure
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Paul-R wrote: EDIT - a bit late to the party with my thoughts there!
WRT the X7 docs; as a recent owner I might be interested in them please.
Send me a PM with an email Paul and I'll send the PDFs I have so far :-D
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc