XSARA PICASSO wiper sequence/colliding

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rosiecorbett
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDI

XSARA PICASSO wiper sequence/colliding

Post by rosiecorbett »

i stupidly put the wipers on the other day when frozen and stripped one of the blades.
went and bought some new ones that were 26" and 24". put them on. wipers continued to collide and then stopped working altogether. after they were taken off i did notice that the two blades on there were BOTH 24", one of them wasn't longer. any idea why?!

arms off, new motor, all sorts we tried until we discovered there was a 20amp fuse that had broken. changed it and the wipers started to work but they're still colliding and not resting at the bottom.

does anyone have a clue as to why this may be? we've had a right mare with it the last few days and i cannot believe it was all a fuse (which the dealership checked by the way...)
NewcastleFalcon

Re: XSARA PICASSO wiper sequence/colliding

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

The wipers on my xsarapicasso appear to be 65cm both Side s. They are parallel. At rest with a 6cm gap with the drivers wiper being above the passengers wiper.

Regards neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If they are still out of synch, you will need to 'park' the wipers so that you can lift them up (as if changing the blade). Leave one on the screen and let the wipers sweep once so you can see where it rests. There should be 2 lines on the windscreen near the bottom centre that mark the place where the wipers should park themselves when coming to a rest. If this one is ok, lift it off the screen and lower the other wiper onto the glass and let the wiper do another sweep. Once you have identified which wiper is out of synch, you can lift the cover off the coned spindle and undo the nut so you can remove the wiper from the spindle. Replace the wiper onto the spindle so that the wiper will align with the mark and then replace the nut and cap. This should get them back in synch. What usually happens is that the motors are quite strong and if the wipers are really frozen onto the windscreen, the force of the motor can cause the wiper to jump a few notches on the spline, causing the synching issue. :)
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
old-un77
My Cars: Renault 14...now skyward
Renault 19.. skyward also..
'03 Xsara 1.8 Picasso in silver met his maker
'06 Desire, again in silver also gonn to metal heaven

Post by old-un77 »

the cross car link from one wiper to the other, on mine, got bent!!!.......bit of hand-draulicking got it somewhere right......
Bob
old-un77
My Cars: Renault 14...now skyward
Renault 19.. skyward also..
'03 Xsara 1.8 Picasso in silver met his maker
'06 Desire, again in silver also gonn to metal heaven

Post by old-un77 »

also if you run the wipers, turn off the ignition, operate the stalk and they will "park" parallel with edge of windscreen, if set up right.....