citroen c5 abs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

coastline taxis

citroen c5 abs

Post by coastline taxis »

Hi
Having a bit bother with a c5 2002 2litre hdi. cant comunicate with the abs module.or steeruing angle sensor. i know a little bit about citroens but for some reason im struggling with this one. Tried alli the common things with a non comunication fault fuses,wires,etc etc and i really dont think its the abs ecu as that wouldnt stop the scanner from comunicating with the steering wheel sensor. so now im getting drawn to the yaw sensor. Ive never replaced one of these yet any answers to the following or any new ideas would be greatly apreciated diagnostics used oup to now are lexia and snap on verdict and both sayn no comunication also car dosnt have esp

1 does it seem to be the yaw sensor
2 where is it located as ive got the center consule off and cant see it anywhere
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: citroen c5 abs

Post by GiveMeABreak »

According to the docs I'm looking at, there isn't a 'Yaw Sensor'. The Yaw speed is obtained from the Gyroscopic Sensor and the ABS module. But there also doesn't seem to be a Gyroscopic sensor on this car unless it has ESP - as the Lexia coding says configure as absent for ABS Module without ESP and Present for ESP. Hence the reason why your Lexia isn't communicating with it I suspect.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
coastline taxis

sounds resonable enough. but and theres always a but the car came to us 2 months ago with a abs light on and we plugged it in (snap on verdict) and it went straight into it and live data showed no signal from one of the abs sensors the owner said he didnt have the money to fix it then and would be back. well back he came yesterday but we couldnt remember wich wheel it was so plugged it back in and no comunucation. phoned the local dealer today and gave them the reg number and yhey said that the yaw sensor is under the center console and to top it all i jammed my finger in the car door
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ouch and expletives deleted! He's not referring to the Steering Angle Sensor is he? I've searched everywhere through the service docs and the ONLY reference for a 2.0 HDi without ESP to Yaw - is as I mentioned - how it's calculated! I even looked up all references to gyroscopic sensor and again that only refers to cars with the ESP system!#

I do know that you can get ESP / ABS issues if the Steering Angle Sensor in the steering wheel is out of kilter. Many years ago I changed my steering wheel and like an idiot, the Steering angle cable reel came off. When I put it all back together, I had all the ESP / ASR / ABS issues going off. They had to replace the Comms 2000 unit and re-calibrate the steering sensor. An expensive lesson learned!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
coastline taxis

champion and thank you will start with that in the morning. its funny you mention the comms unit as the owner said in conversation that the control on the end of the stalk for the multifunction had stopped working but i just put that down to the contact on the end of the stalk being broken. there is also no communication with the steering sensor neither.
many thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow