RT4 Navidrive map update problem

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: RT4 Navidrive map update problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

@ Vaborovic - Don't know what's going on here - everyone seems to be having a problem with this 8.31 update! Not just here too - on many of the other forums. Seems to be working on some systems but not on others - same with Peugeot owners. Must be a very buggy update. :shock:
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Mikeshardan
My Cars: C4 VTR 3door

Post by Mikeshardan »

Thanks Guys for the advice I will get back to you with the results and unfortunately in this unit/car there is no USB port.
Thanks again for the prompt reply
Mike
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

The unit actually has a USB port in the back (the socket to be more precise), but you're missing a cable & regular USB socket to it ... shame, it may have helped you with trying to install the FW upgrade that way
Mikeshardan

Post by Mikeshardan »

Hi Guys
An update I tried to copy CD to juxbox the prompt was Goasted and was not an option available. I tried to play a CD with a negative result. So looks like the player is NS or could it be the hard drive is too full? My advice I would like from you is are they repairable or is there something else I should try?
On French Ebay I have sourced RT4/5 unit, New in original packing loaded with 8.31 with 2015 Italy loaded; at a cost of €23 Inc. delivery. The only drawback would be I would have to accept a Peugeot badge. There are 10 left. Should I go down this road and if so any tips for fitting as I have never done this before?
Mike
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

seems too cheap - are you sure this is for the unit itself?

Marc
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

The Peugeot logo at the startup can be easily replaced later on, by telecoding using Lexia/DiagBox ... or by using MiraScripts ... are you sure the unit's price is 23€ incl. delivery? It it was 230€, that would be more expected (the regular market price at least).
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Firstly, I don't understand why the dealer charged you so much, The firmware disc only costs about 8 pence.
Secondly, I'm pondering the idea they may have ordered you the wrong disc. I have 8.31 here and can send you a disc if you want to PM me an address?
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Estately
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 00 Xantia 2.0 HDI 90 bhp Estate 237k Gone to New Home
07 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive Estate 211k. Gearbox selector failed.
10 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Auto Exclusive Estate. Px'd
13 C5 2.0 HDI 160 Manual Exclusive Tourer.

Post by Estately »

Hi Mike,

From what you say, the CD player is faulty, so there is little point in trying to update the system with the new disk until you can get it working.

Is it possible that a member of your poulation has tried to post a leaf or some paper into the CD drive?

Some careful investigation or dismantling may reveal the cause of the failure. The item off ebay could be a new CD player as it sounds far too cheap for the rest, in which case if you have got anywhere with a careful dismantle you will be part way to fitting a new CD player or going for a USB installation.

I think that there are instructions on here for removing the head unit, it is a while since I took mine out and my garage is in such a state i cannot tell you the size or type of tool to use.

Good Luck

Andy
If it can happen it will.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

The RT4 should be fairly easy to pull out, you need 4 thin screwdrivers (one for each hole, and then you push them towards the center of the nav unit, and gently pull outside (the side hooks will reease the console housing) ... or, there are specific "tools" also available, i.e.:

Mikeshardan

Post by Mikeshardan »

Thank Guys for all your advice I will keep you posted and Yes the €23 was too cheap my French wife read the add and it was just for the disc.
regards to you all
Mike
Mikeshardan

Post by Mikeshardan »

RT 4/5 Loading Problems with 8.31

Hi Guys can I thank you once again for all the Advice, I can now report a successful conclusion albeit with a sting in the tail.

To recap I was using the operating system 7.10 in a 2007 vehicle and unaware it was not sufficient. I ordered the complete European map upgrade. I then came across your forum and realised that I needed operating system 8.31. This I purchased at a stupid price only to find that my CD player no longer appeared to work and it was no longer a music source option to “copy to Jukebox”.

Yesterday I started to fiddle I went into the Audio function , CD, jukebox preferences, fiddled with it and it offered me 3 different inputs I pressed the first and it appears as Aux with an Icon of 2 jack plugs. I put the 8.31 into the CD and low and behold it worked it read the CD and updated, then I updated all the maps. The first few were quick after that I found that I had to either stop the engine (without the CD being in place) then restart, insert a CD for it to pick up, or to pick a town on the Map CD that wished to update on the navigation system, this would cause the CD to boot.

All is now loaded and works great, but, the Sting in the tail is. I now have no working CD on the unit (it is ghosted) but the stack works and a jukebox that is only 30% full and no way of filling it, as the menu no longer offers it, having disappeared completely off the menu “copy to jukebox” When I go to source it is only Aux on CD.

It is clear it is me and I need an Idiots guide to get me out of it. Any Guides out there?
Hope some of this is a help to someone else out there
Mike
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Mike - I'm sure if you forced a clean boot from CD 8.31 it would set everything back. It's absolutely critical that you get your firmware updated before a map update that requires it. I cannot understand why you didn't get the 8.31 firmware upgrade with the maps if you bought these - they are usually supplied. I can vouch for this on the NG4 Navidrive 3D - they always supply the update disk as well as the map updates and the Risk Area update.
If you have the RT4, check out this post here, where I've shown where the reset buttons are on the unit for a clean boot: Look at the 9th post - there is a photo pointing out the tiny micro switches.
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=54281

Marc