C8 2006 Cut out and now wont start

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Lyngaas
My Cars:

C8 2006 Cut out and now wont start

Post by Lyngaas »

So, yet again we have an issue with our C8 2.2 2006 mod.

I suppose i should start from the beginning, Last winter it cut out completely and showed no contact between any of the control units(brains. etc), turned out to be a broken wire and that was fixed.
This winter it started acting up with sporadical ABS/ESP and Airbag Faulty errors, coming and going, as well as hazards flashing every time it started.
It also keeps forgetting(not responding) the keys and the windows wont work either.
This friday it cut out on its way back from the shops and would not start. Engine turns around and everything but wont start.
Battery is the original battery and shows about 12.3/12.4 when recharged.

I checked the fuses in the engine compartment aswell as the fixed wires from earlier and they are all OK but there has gotten some water into the engine compartment fuse box.

Any tips as to where i can look?
I have some diag cables(KLine & ELM327 interface) but no software, but i doubt those cables would work with this car?

Thanks in advance for any help at all :)

-Lyngaas
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C8 2006 Cut out and now wont start

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Lyngaas - Citroen & Peugeot vehicles really need to be diagnosed using their bespoke diagnostic software. Third party code readers are OK to a point, but won't cut the mustard for any detailed analysis and certainly not for any parameter changes. I recommend you get somebody with a Lexia / Diagbox diagnostic kit to do a full global diagnostic check, clear all the faults and then re-run the diagnostic again to get a more accurate picture of the situation. Once you have these fault codes, members may be able to help point you in the right direction. There are just too many possibilities without this and you wouldn't want to be chasing the wrong thing. I see that you are in Norway - so not sure if we have anyone local to you with a kit! But there must be Citroen owners in Norway that have a cloned Lexia kit you could use. Best of luck.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Lyngaas
My Cars:

Post by Lyngaas »

Thanks for the reply ;)

I could possibly get a lexia og diagbox kit off ebay?
Doubt i will be able to find anyone with any sort of citroen/peugeot diag equipment here in Norway as theres no enthusiast clubs for these markets here :(
Last edited by Lyngaas on 09 Feb 2016, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

There are a couple of guys on the Xantia Activa FB pages and one (two) are members of the Citroen Car Club (UK) who are based in Norway.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

You can do. Make sure that the laptop you use is either running a 32 bit Operating System, or (if it is running a 64 bit O/S) has a 32 bit Virtual Machine running on it. The Lexia software is very old (it does the job though) and cannot run directly within a 64 bit environment.

There are several people on e-bay who sell Lexia clones. One of the better suppliers is Easy Diagnostics (the fact that they keep running out of them speaks volumes), and they do know their stuff.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Lyngaas
My Cars:

Post by Lyngaas »

Alright guys, ive tracked down some peugeot fan clubs here in Norway in the hope that someone has a kit that they would be willing to lend me or something ;)

Thanks for the help so far :)