2000 relay heater matrix

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Axegrinderturbo

2000 relay heater matrix

Post by Axegrinderturbo »

Hi,

I have a 2000 1.9 Citroen relay and the heater does not work. The blower works fine but blows out cold air, under the bonnet I can see the pipes have been joined together to bypass the matrix.

There is evidence of some dry water in the foot well and so I've bought a new matrix but needs fitting.

Just after some advice, tips, shortcuts regarding changing the matrix over.

Thanks!!!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: 2000 relay heater matrix

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

While I cannot speak from experience, from what I have read here on the forum it is highly likely that replacing the matrix is a dashboard out job (it certainly is for Xantia and C5 vehicles). However, it is also likely somebody a lot more knowledgeable will see this thread and advise you further. Welcome aboard, by the way.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ken newbold
My Cars: Peugeot 806
Citroen C3 1.4 Hdi

Post by ken newbold »

I can't say for sure about the Relay as I've no experiance with them at all, but if they are like the EV1/Synergie/806/Ulysse, they're quite easy to do.

Also found this http://howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=188559

Guess there's only one way to find out really :-/
1998 1.9td Peugeot 806 (Red shed 2)
2004 Citroen C3 1.4HDi
2003 2.2 Pug 807, Gone and never again!
Axegrinderturbo

Thanks for the replies, yeh I had saw that link and the passenger seat removal sounds like a smart idea.

I think the person who had it before us has removed the dash before going by random screws holding in place so should be OK to remove...I hope!!

Will be tackling next week with a friend so will see what happens.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Give yourself plenty of time and if possible do it somewhere where you can have both front doors open wide - received wisdom from a friend who had to do it on a 306.
Axegrinderturbo

With the help of two friends we tackled changing the heater matrix this morning.

Taking the passenger seat out was great advice!

Unfortunately we couldn't get the heater unit/casing out. We're going to give it another go when we can spend the full day on it.

Managed to get the lower dash panel and centre console sections out easily enough and moved the gear linkage out of the way. Unbolted the heater housing however we couldn't drop the housing down due to the bracket for mounting the gear linkage.

There's a cross member what the dash sits on and the linkage bracket is welded onto. The only way we could think of getting the heater housing out is by taking the full dash allowing more space. Really frusatuing as we were within an inch of dropping the housing down and could even split it in half to get the matrix out.

Oh well, at least we know how to get stuff out for the next attempt. Any tips welcome!