Dw8 engine and diesel pump change now won't start

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Glenn0101
My Cars: Dw8 Citroen dispatch

Dw8 engine and diesel pump change now won't start

Post by Glenn0101 »

Can any one help me.
Dw8 dispatch (2005) my cam belt snapped so I decided to replace the engine new engine in. this was out of a 98 dispatch went to start the engine and the diesel pump was no good some how with the engine seizing the diesel pump went with the engine??? Bought a new pump which match my pump code put it all together won't start just turns over? No fuel getting to the injectors? Changed the solenoid from my old pump to my new one. It has no air locks tried everything can anyone help me??
chinkostu
My Cars: N Xantia 1.9TD SX
03 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec

Re: Dw8 engine and diesel pump change now won't start

Post by chinkostu »

The dw8 uses a signal from the ignition for the stop solenoid, i was sure they were difficult to get to. Have you tried wiring the solenoid straight to the battery to rule out ignition issues? As this will keep it energised as long as its powered.

Is there fuel anywhere when you prime the system? If not you've got an issue somewhere as you should be able to get fuel as far as the leakoffs with the priming button.

Did you retime the engine and pump when you fitted the new one? The only reason the old pump would be dead is if it siezed up and took the belt out.

Mine also took a few cranks and ran crummy for a few seconds after depressurising the system when i did the belt.
Stu

Cars
1995 Xantia 1.9TD SX in (faded) Red
2003 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec in GREEEEEEEN
2001 206 1.9 LX
2001 Saxo VTR
1999 Saxo 1.1 East coast
1999 Punto :oops:
1996 306 1.8 XN Auto :?
1996 Fiesta 1.3 #-o
Glenn0101

Post by Glenn0101 »

Thanks for the reply.
I've tried living the solinoid out tested it and works fine.
Not getting no fuel from no where is seems as if the new pump has just shut off. I got it off eBay with the seller having 100% ebay.
Yes timing belt is correct just can't work it out.
But I no the new engine is fine as it started first time with original pump on. Just seems to be since I've put this new pump on? Cheers
Glenn0101

Post by Glenn0101 »

Yes the engine siezed up on the old engine threw the belt off and snapped the cam shaft.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Try the old (working) solenoid with the (new) pump.

Its a "£$"£$ to get a 'normal' solenoid for the DW8 as they have by default a wierd "tube" that contains the electronics as well.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG