No Citroen service desk in Birmingham

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bick

No Citroen service desk in Birmingham

Post by Bick »

Rang Birmingham Citroen for a friend of mine because he wanted me to explain to them what work he needed doing. It was just a simple cam belt, water pump and serpentine belt.

What a joke you cannot get though to the service desk anymore, i was told it is now a virtual desk with touch panels there, they tell me you never get to see anyone in person, what how do you get your keys then!

When you call by phone you go though to a call centre when you call and they were very polite and gave me a price for the cam belt, but did not know how much a water pump was and did not know what a serpentine belt was, ok i said an alternator drive belt, i said which they got but still no idea of the cost. I was told i would have to contact the stores to get the prices of the parts then call them back for the full price.

I gave up and rang back to get a almost identical response from a different service agent, but this one told me he was not a mechanic and had no idea about the parts i was talking about.

I gave up rang a mate of mine who still works for Halfords Autocentres but is a good mechanic and booked it in with him.

To be honest i would have done it for my friend myself but M.E is a nightmare to live with and i cant do it anymore.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: No Citroen service desk in Birmingham

Post by Stickyfinger »

Call centers...great for Company Car drivers just booking in/not worried about price/warranted cars.

................... bugger off private older car owners as you take up to much time for us to care, please buy another new car as yours is now 3 years old and needs changing !
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Bick

Re: No Citroen service desk in Birmingham

Post by Bick »

Stickyfinger wrote:Call centers...great for Company Car drivers just booking in/not worried about price/warranted cars.

................... bugger off private older car owners as you take up to much time for us to care, please buy another new car as yours is now 3 years old and needs changing !

Bang on mate!

To be honest when i worked for a Ford franchise (i know they are sh1t lol) they were the same back then anything over a couple of years old the service receptionist would try and send them somewhere else :shock: