HELP xantia TD electrical problems just got worse!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ecohouse1
My Cars: Rover 75 CDT TourerAuto , , Mercedes 190E 1.8 1993, 2CV6 Special 1987, Peugeot 206 1.1 2001. Repairs and maintenance of two Hyundai i10s
Deceased
Xantia TD Estate 1999 (now with Chris Morewood)
Xsara 1.9D Saloon
BXTZD Break
BXTGD Hatch
Peugeot 309 1.9D
Various 2CVs
Porsche 924 lux
Porsche 924S
Renault Clio 1.4 Auto
GSA Pallas
Triumph Herald 1200

HELP xantia TD electrical problems just got worse!!

Post by ecohouse1 »

I posted last couple of days about losing my speedo and temp guage. They are still knackered. Drove back from work a few miles. Stopped for 30 mins. Went back out to crack on home. Put key in ignition and key symbol starts flashing and beeping. This has happened randomly over the last few years. Always OK on 2nd go. This time - no chance! Kept flashing and beeping. Try the other key I think. Luckily had it. First key wouldn't turn then when it did still beeping and flashing. Engine turns but no start. Good battery.

Disconnected battery for a minute. Reconnected. Still beeped. No start.

Are these all connected? All seems to be dash related.. Anyway had to abandon car to go back to tomorrow.

Seem to remember this on the forum before. Didn't have my non plip key but wonder if that would work?

Would be most grateful of any suggestions of where to start. It's like my car is haunted!!!!!!!
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: HELP xantia TD electrical problems just got worse!!

Post by Peter.N. »

Is the car at all damp inside? That's what caused my 406 not to start. Left the doors open on one of those rare dry days, rest the BSI and it started. Left it standing for a few days and it wont start again, with the key displayed. I am assuming yours is an HDI.

Peter
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Sounds like the transponder is not recognising the keys ( flashing key symbol usually means this) car will turnover but not start also suggests this. You'll need a Lexia on it to troubleshoot further. This could be a symptom of another problem so a diagnostic should be a priority.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
ecohouse1
My Cars: Rover 75 CDT TourerAuto , , Mercedes 190E 1.8 1993, 2CV6 Special 1987, Peugeot 206 1.1 2001. Repairs and maintenance of two Hyundai i10s
Deceased
Xantia TD Estate 1999 (now with Chris Morewood)
Xsara 1.9D Saloon
BXTZD Break
BXTGD Hatch
Peugeot 309 1.9D
Various 2CVs
Porsche 924 lux
Porsche 924S
Renault Clio 1.4 Auto
GSA Pallas
Triumph Herald 1200

Post by ecohouse1 »

I am a little out of my depth with this. I texted Chris morewood to ask if I could borrow his lexia. But notvsdure what to do next. Will I need the 4 digit security code for the car as I don't have that yet. I am wondering if I have some corrupted module somewhere in the dasdh or va bad earth as there seems to be a raft of problems in the same area. It's weird how it was totally out of the blue just after the car was running.