Toddler problems 2002 c15 1.9 diesel van

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Toddler problems 2002 c15 1.9 diesel van

Post by myglaren »

Gibbo2286 wrote:
myglaren wrote:The old Haynes manuals were great (for someone who knew nothing).
I had the Hillman Minx, Renault 4, Hillman Imp, Princess, Volvo 265, Visa, Fiesta, GS and probably others and found them invaluable but then they started to come up short on information and advice, haven't had one for about 20 years now, just wing it or hand it over to someone who knows what they are doing.

Naturally this site is currently the premium source of information and advice on Frenchies. :)
Who's the gorgeous lady in your avatar?
Jacqueline Marie (Jackie) Evancho.
She is only 15 though.
Her talent is in her singing and has been since she was 10 years old.
Follow the link in the sig to see some of her performances - at 11 years old she did a stupendous concert in the Ringling Brothers museum in Sarasota, for PBS, that earned them more donations that any other and still is. She has done two others for them since.
As far as pretty goes, she is the great granddaughter of a Ukrainian Princess.

Here's a clip of her guesting on Britain's Got Talent at 11 years old.

National anthem, still 11.

10 years old at a David Foster concert

Staggering talent and a very fine young girl too, comes from a very close and well mannered family.

A recent one, Ed Sheeran cover and video in suport of her elder brother Jacob, now Juliet.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Another one I just had to add (just got to it in the playlist on this computer) is from the previously mentioned Sarasota concert.
"Lovers", the theme from "House Of Flying Daggers"
Only one other has attempted this, a seasoned opera singer, Kathleen Battle.
Her version is excellent but her voice lacks the warmth and emption that is intrinsically Jackie.
One of the most noticeable effects, called the Evancho effect, is seeing people in the audience with tears of joy streaming down their cheeks.

Yes, I'm afraid she is a bit of an obsession.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Pleased all is now fixed Nigel :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Thanks Steve, stunning talent and beauty, I just hope the fame doesn't destroy her like many of these exceptional youngsters.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

She is very grounded and is as famous for her charm, poise and grace as she is for the magnificent voice so I don't think we will see her do a Miley Cyrus or Charlotte Church anytime soon.

As an example, the way she has unswervingly supported her brother Jacob in his transition to being Juliet, done with very good humour too :)

A very clever girl indeed - from 10 years old she only had to hear a song three times and could sing it perfectly - regardless of the language. Learned Japanese when she was invited to sing for the Japanese emperor and family .
She does a tremendous amount of work for charity too.

Was picked up by Robert Redford for his film "The Company You Keep" and did very well for her first acting attempt.
Her interviews are magic, she is so mature. Even the early ones.

Her first CD, made by her family to get her some recognition, was withdrawn after ten months as she had improved so much but if you can find one they change hands for around $1,000 now.
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote: . . . Thanks to Van, we located the fuse that protects the C15 ciggy lighter, interior lights and warning lights up under the passenger side dashboard.
cheers Nigel.
Glad to have been of assistance (despite the shaky start) - especially as I still think of myself as the new boy :)

Been thinking about that diesel manual, especially as I'm a complete novice in that area & my C15 manual doesn't cover the later engine - definitely keep my eyes open at jumbles etc now.

Yup, Haynes have not improved (but they have outlasted the competition) but, providing you are aware of their shortcomings, they are useful to have to hand. I have 2 for the Cherokee, one English (£3 at Hatherleigh Cattle Market), one American (came with the 2nd Cherokee) - & they don't agree with each other & not in the areas where the post '99's differed from the earlier ones! (curiously, my C15 manual is American - & I'm sure they were never exported).

f-w-i-w: Keep being warned off the Haynes Cadillac manual (considered less than useless) but would dearly like one, for quick, easy reference. I do have the factory 3 volume job (each like old Manhattan phone book) but it's so inaccessible - & every section starts with the same pages of dire health & safety warnings!
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

If you spot someone selling email Haynes manuals online the chances are its illegal
as Haynes are very protective of their copyright rights.
I almost downloaded one once then I read how protective Haynes actually are.
I sent a little email to Haynes asking if the dealer was legit and they replied No he is not
They allowed me to choose two free Manuals.
which was very nice of them. even if they are a bit hard to read/understand. #-o :rofl2:
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.