Configured part ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sloppysod
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroens
1 x GS, 1 x GSX (Banger raced), 1 x GSA,
2 x CX Famililles, 1 x CX GTI,
BX, XM, Xantia, C5 Mk1,
C4 (Coupe), C4 (B7),
C5 (X7)

Renault
R4 Van
Fuego
Clio Campas

Configured part ?

Post by Sloppysod »

I have just bought a 2nd hand parking sensor ECU form Ebay and ....................

1, Will it just plug in and just work ........silly question but had to ask.
2, Do I have to connect my diagbox to my car and tell the car that this ECU is present, if so how?
3, Is there anything else I should be aware off so as not to damage my car or the replacement ECU?
Cheers
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Re: Configured part ?

Post by Stempy »

Having just done a BSI replacement it is a fairly simple job to turn on th ecu options in the BSI menu. When you have activated the menu option do a global diagnostic which will confirm dialogue with the ecu and throw up any faults. I think I would go through the full battery disconnect and restart procedure, plugging the ecu in when the battery is off.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

1. Er ... no
2. Yes ... the BSI portion has the present computers section, where you have to define that the parking one is present (just a check, since you had one before, you've just upgraded)
3. Nothing special, just go to the new parking ECU in the global setting, to configure it/test it

Depending on the type of nav/radio unit you have, you might as well need to tell it as well than now you have front parking sensors as well (so that the become visually active in the screen). Don't know if you've done the parking space measuring upgrade (switches) as well, that too needs to be selected in the teleconfiguration
Sloppysod
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroens
1 x GS, 1 x GSX (Banger raced), 1 x GSA,
2 x CX Famililles, 1 x CX GTI,
BX, XM, Xantia, C5 Mk1,
C4 (Coupe), C4 (B7),
C5 (X7)

Renault
R4 Van
Fuego
Clio Campas

Post by Sloppysod »

Thanks guys, I knew if I asked I would get helpful answers, next weekend is, sorry, should be, play day!!
Radio is the standard "RD4/MP3" RDS COMPACT DISC AUDIO SYSTEM with the small orange display. So I will look to see if I need to access the full display as well, as for space measurement, that will be a future addition when a 2nd hand switch becomes available.
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi