Citrojim's AX, Pixo, C3, Running and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Post by CitroJim »

Great trip to Nottingham and back today in the Activa, taking Sian back to Uni...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
HansNOR

Post by HansNOR »

Forgive me Jim, but your Xantia V6, is that the car that had an engine transplant ? And if indeed it is - is there any thread about it ? The webpage link is stuck at september :)
Now i will try to browse back in this thread allthough its quite the daunting task givent the number of pages ^^
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

He has just had a push bike up his **m all summer :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

My Activa is going to have a V6 transplant Hans although at present it is still on its original TCT engine...

I have all the bits to do the conversion and I'm working on refurbishing them all, including a lot of work on my donor engine and a gearbox rebuild.

The problem is that I'm a perpetually very busy person and for that reason it is a very slow project... I have many other interests in life, not least the one shown in my avatar and the other vehicles (of the two-wheeled variety) shown in my signature...

And then there's my vintage radio activities...

My V6 project website has not been updated recently as there has been nothing to update.. As soon as there is it will be posted both here and on the project website...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Stickyfinger wrote:He has just had a push bike up his **m all summer :)
And all winter Alasdair... I ride to work and back every day now... My drive in my Activa yesterday was my first proper drive of 016 and the first time either of my cars had moved since before Christmas!!!

I bike or walk wherever I can, come rain or shine.... Cars get the least use possible... I do not enjoy driving that much to be honest...
Jim

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

I think you should do the conversion to a silver car Jim [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

daviemck2006 wrote:I think you should do the conversion to a silver car Jim [emoji5]
A nice project for you Davie! Yours would be an ideal candidate, that's for sure :D
Jim

Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Or,a battleship grey one?
C5 HDi 110 SX (Fifi 7 or Otterchops)

RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Today I'm performing a major service on Robyn's 207, including cambelt and any other work I find needing to be done. Already found a very noisy aux. belt tensioner that was making worrying noises on idle..

The 207 may be bland and lacklustre but it's proved to be a great workhorse for Robyn, uncomplainingly going between here and Oxford every day for the past couple of years with nary a spot of bother...

More news as work progresses...

Once done it needs an MoT...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Happy as the proverbial pig in poo working on Robyn's car in the sunshine... Just in warming my hands before fitting the new cambelt and tensioners.

Two things found out: Mr. Haynes reputation for producing books of lies remains unblemished with his 207 offering and the ET3 engine still has the good old traditional TU series cylinder head oil leak...

It's so good to know some things can be relied upon to be a constant in life!!!
Jim

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

Love little cars Jim.....they just keep going :)

Did the brakes on Mums Kia Wed, in for MOT Thursday and I picked it up this morning...Pass, no advisories .....The thing just keeps going despite the abuse it gets (from me) :)

I have been driving it a lot recently as the roads are crappy with mud everywhere (bloody tack-TOrs), ............such fun :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Stickyfinger wrote:Love little cars Jim.....they just keep going :)
This one certainly does Alasdair and in reality it gets very little attention from me really as Robyn is always out in it...

That's why I'm so impressed with it...

Cambelt is done now... It really was the easiest I've ever done... Even easier that a 16V 2.0 HDi which held that honour until today...

Time now for an oil change...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's Robyn's 207 all done and dusted. Full service done, cambelt done and full pre-MOT done. All good bar a blown headlamp bulb and a very noisy auxiliary belt tensioner.

Odd thing, on last year's MOT it received an advisory for a broken rear spring... I looked and looked but can find no broken springs anywhere on the car... Reckon the tester must have got mixed up... If a rear spring does break though they're a doddle to change...

I was horrified at the cost of a new tensioner. Nearly £70 :twisted: Bargain ones on the 'bay were not much cheaper...

Luckily I'd not long since received an email from GSF offering 33% off this weekend and it worked a treat. Brought the cost down to something approaching OK... I've also ordered a new auxiliary belt too. Daft not to fit one along with the new tensioner...

Thoroughly enjoyed myself today, getting the spanners out has been wonderful despite the cold... I almost forgot just how much I enjoy it...
Jim

KP

Post by KP »

Tensioners are just silly money these days Jim, the manually adjusted one for my 2.5 without AC is well over £100 from the dealer but I just snagged a NOS for £40 including delivery but they don't even supply the nut bolt and washer as they class them as separate parts at £4-8 per item!!! Needless to say the old ones will be reused and the belt was a NOS for £4 which was bargain enough to buy two! Cambelt was only £12 as well but then it's tensioners aren't as easy to find
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

A few pictures from the 207 cambelt swap..

If anyone wants, I have a complete photo-sequence of the whole job...

First, old belt off, cams locked and tensioner and jockey removed...

You can see in the above the famous TU (and ET) signature had gasket oil weep!!!

Belt on and tensioner and jockey:

So easy, with the engine mount removed so much room too :D

Also easy is finding the crank locking hole. It's no longer hidden!!!

Again, a bit of kunifer brake pipe does the job admirably!
Jim