jammed 605 sunroof

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hariaran
My Cars:

jammed 605 sunroof

Post by hariaran »

hi,
wonder if anyone could assist. the sunroof on my 605 can't tilt or slide. the motor seem to be working as when i try to slide it, it moves down about 1/2 inch but then jams. can't do anything much other than moving to the close position.
i had the cables changed once while in nottingham but now that the car is in the tropics (malaysia) no one is familiar with the mechanism. i assume its the cables causing the problems. any chance of getting the thing sorted myself? also is there anyone i can order the cables from other than going back to the dealers?
would appreciate any feedback. thanks in advance.
cheers,
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Have a look at this.
http://www.andyspares.org/discussionfor ... IC_ID=1482
If you take the motor out, take off the glass and carefully unhook the the cable ends from the sun roof tilt mechanism, it is possible to slide the cables along by hand. Look into the part where the motor turns and you may be able to see the offending part slide by. This only gives an idea of where the problem is of course. (Probably right at the start) Sliding by hand may losen the cable enough for you to get some some movement (up/down) as I currenlty have when it is put it back together. It may also re-seat it.
Haynes normally says leave for main dealer to replace but at £300-£400 it is possible to replace all yourself.(Assuming your car is similar in operation of course) What did you pay last time?
I do not know of anyone else who sells cables other than main dealers but did not go out of my way looking at the time.
hariaran
My Cars:

Post by hariaran »

hi dave1,
thanks for your responce. i had already gone through the thread you mentioned. have got some quotes from auto continental 64.42, french direct 121.02 and john harrison peugeot 195.16 all prices in sterling inclusive of vat. the last time i got it sorted i paid something like 250+ but that was way back in 1997.
i'll have to wait another two weeks before i can lay my hands on the motor. will be busy with work right up to end of first week next month. no problem with sunny weather here though. we get it all year round.
thanks once again. will keep you posted on developments.
cheers,
hari