Question on the RT6

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

C5_Jack
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer 2013 2.2 HDI
Caterham 21 ( for fun)

Question on the RT6

Post by C5_Jack »

Hello

Does some one know which is the maximum size the USB accept?

Cheers

Jack
Last edited by C5_Jack on 11 Jan 2016, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
C5_Jack
Caterham 21 ( for fun)

Re: USB box max usb flash drive size?

Post by C5_Jack »

And which format should it be formatted in?
FAT32?
NTFS?

Jack
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

For the first post, check my USB BOX review from some time ago (I believe that was my 2nd post at FCF): http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 70#p388484 (no size limit per se, but will cut out the rest of the files - they won't be shown or accessible, those 600+ on the usb memory ... note other nav/radio units than RNEG will show the track names, but the read file limit is box related)

Regarding the 2nd post: FAT32
C5_Jack
Caterham 21 ( for fun)

Post by C5_Jack »

Hi vborovic

I have read your post but it doesn't quite make sens to me.

I have a 2013 car (new to me) and I have inserted my old 32gb Flash and it worked no problems and I can see which song it is playing.
I have also read it maybe a Dension Gateway 300 which I had in my previous car.

Do yow if different unit were fitted to newer cars?

the format FAT32 only works for drive up to 32gb so that answer my question

Jack
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

The Dension Gateway 300 and my "official Citroen" USB BOX, are basically the same (one is OEM, the other isn't) ... about custom installations, anything is possible ... you said USB BOX in your post, what I've described is the only official USB BOX device that I know Citroen supply (you can even find it in their brochures as an extra accessory) ... which radio/nav unit do you have since it is a 2013? If you have what I suspect, an eMyWay (RT6) nav, than that unit doesn't have any USB BOX, but it is the actual nav unit that does the job of playing files directly. Where do you plug the stick, in the central handrest compartment?

In case of the radio unit (probably RD45), then some kind of box is present, Dension or some other manufacturer (from your description, I can't figure out whether you can actually see the box, or do you just see the usb port, with the box being hidden somewhere)
C5_Jack
Caterham 21 ( for fun)

Post by C5_Jack »

Hello

Yes I think I have the RT6.

It is a bit of leaning curve to understand what s doing what in a new car

This is what I have https://app.box.com/files/0/f/0/1/f_48916038597

Jack
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Again, the unit has the file size limit of possiby 1000 songs, anything bigger than that will get cut out from the lists and shown folders ... the only "workaround" is to get an iPod, and through its playlist, you can have "unlimited" songs (of course, total size dependant), because the iPod prepares thet data for the RT6 (the stick is directly read by the RT6 itself) ... also, if you find that some songs arent' full yplayed, or skip to the next track, thats probably due to VBR (variable bit recording), meaning that you have mixed MP3s on the stick (some 128 kbit, some 196, some 320 ...) ...
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

C5_Jack wrote:It is a bit of leaning curve to understand what s doing what in a new car
It's nice that you're excited about the new car, but that doesn't justify spamming the forum with the same question or comment on different topics ... open your single topic, and post all your questions about your car there, it will be easier to follow what was answered to you, and what wasn't
C5_Jack
Caterham 21 ( for fun)

Post by C5_Jack »

I know

I have been on too many part of the web site and I thought I was replying to your posting.
I didn't find a way to delete my posting, if there is a way please let me know and it will be done in the next few minutes.

I'm going to check the number of files on my USB stick

The ipod bit, does that includes all MP3 players?
I have an old Creative Zen I could use for that purpose.

Jack
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Sadly, no ... it has to be THE iPod (or iPhone, not sure if the iPad would work), because when detected, the RT6 will grab its playlist system (artist, genre, albums, etc ...) ... the alternative could be using just the AUX input (it should be below the USB port on the same socket)
C5_Jack
Caterham 21 ( for fun)

Post by C5_Jack »

An Update.

On my 32Gb USB key, the first time I've plug it in I could only see the artist from A to J.
So I remove some various artist which I don't listen too this much and then it went all a bit strange.
It ignore one artist starting with A, then two non consecutive artiste starting with D and it carrying out this random paten of ignore some artists.
This issue reminded me of the first USB "box" the Xcarlink I had fitted in my previous car.
I returned it as I could not make it to work properly.

And after a software update on my phone (Sony Z2) I can now listen to my entire library with it using Bluetooth.

Strange

Jack
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I would recommend to you to rename the topic, since you don't have the USB BOX but the RT6 navigation, which doesn't need the box ... just to avoid confusion ... or, one of the admins should do that
C5_Jack
Caterham 21 ( for fun)

Re: Question on the RT6

Post by C5_Jack »

I have rename the first posting
Hope this helps

What do you know about software updates on the RT6?
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

What do you want to know about software updates on the RT6?
C5_Jack
Caterham 21 ( for fun)

Post by C5_Jack »

Well, Is it worth keeping it upto date?
The one fitted is on version RNEG 2.75 and it seems there has been quite a few update since ( current version 2.86)

I am currently searching the difference between versions, in the hope the random paten of the unit is reduced or eliminated

Jack