Citrojim's AX, Pixo, C3, Running and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Post by CitroJim »

Just ordered a decent industrial fan heater to keep me warm in my workshop over the winter whist I work on the V6 project...

The little domestic one I've used in the past just doesn't cut the mustard...

Must now finish doing the mains feed into the workshop properly so that the heater can run without melting my temporary supply arrangement... That temporary arrangement has been temporary now for far too long...

Trouble is, I have to have all power off to the premises and than means bringing down the forum servers for the time it takes to make the connection to my dis-board... Got to be done though...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Mandrake

Post by Mandrake »

I love it, I can see the banner notification now - "Forum down for planned garage maintenance works" :rofl2:
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Mandrake wrote:I love it, I can see the banner notification now - "Forum down for planned garage maintenance works" :rofl2:
:rofl2: Thanks Simon, perfect wording for the notice... :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Fantastic service from CPC Farnell :D My new workshop heater arrived today!!! It was only ordered yesterday...

Just standard free delivery too... Can't beat that.

The heater seems to be good...
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Same here with an angle grinder (not from Farnell though).
Ordered Sunday night, free delivery today!

My daughter borrowed one from someone she works with for me to cut some angle iron protruding from a bedroom alcove.
Her boyfriend ruined mine a few years back.
All the ones I have used have a button to press before you can switch it on. I pressed the little button and it flew to bits - was the lock for removing the cutting disks. :oops:
Beyond repair and a replacement button was £26 from Germany :(
A new grinder for the guy wasn't much more - couldn't send the buggered one back to him
So now I have a nearly new (only used once before) grinder that is only mildly disabled and far better than my old one.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Oh dear Steve, but an easy mistake to make though... Has it completely ruined the angle grinder or is it still usable bar not being able to lock it to swap discs over?
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

No, it is fine. I can shove a screwdriver in the hole to lock the disc but simpler is to use a thin 17mm spanner on the boss behind the disc.

All down to dumnity and not having my glasses on - clearly (glasses on) says "stationary only" (which doesn't mean opening envelopes). :roll:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Finally found a bit of time today to give both cars a good check-over.. They have both been waiting very patiently for several weeks whilst I was otherwise occupied with karate grading, work, NEC Classic Car Show, weddings, myriad other things and then falling very poorly for over a week..

Happily the cars are both in fine fettle and just needed a bit of air in the tyres which was admirably provided by my bike pump... The one that will pump bike tyres up to well beyond 120psi... Saves getting the airline rolled out and running up the compressor!

The Activa V6 Conversion project has also seen a bit of small progress today and I'm happy to say the decks are really now are clear for it to continue...
Jim

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

CitroJim wrote:The Activa V6 Conversion project has also seen a bit of small progress today and I'm happy to say the decks are really now are clear for it to continue...
Remember if you need Jim
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks Alasdair :D
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Time for a bit of an update...

It's been so busy recently there's been no time for cars at all but that changed today :-D I've been missing the cars..

Firstly, I treated myself to yet another brand-new vehicle just before Christmas...

Here she is posing with my other favourite vehicle:

Today I gave the Activa and the C1 a good clean and here they are after their good scrub...

They both scrub up well :-D

I gave the Activa a near-full service this afternoon, including an oil and filter change as the girls and I are going to see Dad later in the week and I wanted to be sure the Activa was all good...

I still need to do the heater blower relay mod but that will be done in the next couple of days..

I was good to play cars for a bit today and it felt more like April than December despite the wind...
Jim

superloopy

Post by superloopy »

Absolutely p***ing it down up here for last two days ... non stop. Pray for us northerners ... make it stop please!!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Mike

Xantia Activa Dante Red MK1 (96) 121k - SORN, to be broken
Xantia Activa Silex Grey MK2 (98) 120k -SORN, ditto
Xantia V6 Silex Grey MK2 (98) 95k - non-runner
Xantia TD Storm Grey MK1 (95) 95k - non-runner
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Northerner wrote:Absolutely p***ing it down up here for last two days ... non stop. Pray for us northerners ... make it stop please!!
We are Mike... And absolutely horrified at how bad it is up your way too.. I'm always staggered at how the weather can be so different across what is, in the grand scheme of things, a small island...

Down here it's been like an April day, albeit a touch on the blowy side...

I'm sure things will change soon as we'll take our turn to be deluged whilst you enjoy some well deserved dry spring-like weather...
Jim

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

And farther north again we have had a beautiful few days, 10 to 14*C dry and fine! It's changed today, rainy now but nothing heavy. My heart goes out to those affected in northern England. Unfortunately we can't change the weather

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Frustrated :evil:

Three quarters of the way through doing the blower relay mod on my Activa and rain has stopped play...

Hope it goes off so I can finish it today....
Jim