Mister-Auto

A list of garages and suppliers that have given proven good service to members. All submissions to this forum must be approved by either an Admin or a Moderator before inclusion.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Mister-Auto

Post by van ordinaire »

On 21 August I ordered a replacement drive-shaft on line from someone offering an unbeatable price. + very reasonable p & p.

I also needed an oilseal but hadn’t found it - ’til after I’d placed the order. Apparently they have a flat rate p & p charge which meant the seal would’ve cost the same again so I phoned them, spoke to someone who I took to be American, who said I should go ahead & order the seal & he’d cancel the p & p on the shaft. That I did &, true to his word I was notified of the refund the following Monday, the 24th, & despatch of my orders later that day.

The parts arrived on the Thursday (oddly in 2 deliveries) so I was surprised (& impressed) to see they came from Belgium. While it’s true the brand – Bolk, meant nothing to me, perhaps that was not surprising (although they do seem to be a major parts brand/supplier)

So far as I could tell the shaft was good quality & came complete with new hub nut (the seal was Bosch) so, so far so good. It fitted no problem &, now, perhaps, 800 miles on I have no cause for concern.

I was going to do a post singing their praises but before I could I learned that the company (which is actually French, but has a British website &, I believe, distribution centre, indeed it may be a pan-European outfit.) has a terrible reputation, which the following review seems to sum up:-

“Rèmi Saby's Mister-Auto is a weak copy of Ryan Air. As long as there is no problems, they are perfect BUT if any problem occur, Mister-Auto is 100% disaster.

You will face mistreatments, high costs and severe delays.

If you are willing to risk, then do shop at Mister-Auto, if not, turn to other supplier. The money you save at Mister-Auto ain't worth the risk.”

I guess I must just have been lucky but, on reflection, given that the shaft was the early version AND the price, it occurs tome it might be a re-con. unit; not that there’s anything wrong with that although, of course, but if so, it should have been described as such.

Must confess it’s put me off going back to them but I offer this, f-w-i-w, so you can each make your own decision.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Mister-Auto

Post by xantia_v6 »

I have bought from them a couple of times (in France) and have had no problems. They often have citroen parts for older models that cannot easily be found elsewhere. Note that the french website often has different parts than their UK or irish sites, so if desperate for something, it pays to check all three.
macplaxton
My Cars: 1978 GS X2

Post by macplaxton »

I've ordered from them a couple of times. Delivery to Ireland seems to be via Bpost and locally An Post which is good for me. (UK and Yodel would give me nightmares!)

First time they sent me a single glow plug instead of an HT lead set. Although from different manufacturers, they shared the same four digit short code. Emailed them and got a RMA and return label and got the correct part sent to me without hassle.

Second time everything was okay, but I've a duff Valeo condensor. I got a RMA and return label, but never got round to sending it back.

I'd use them again. I've seen stuff cheaper on the Irish site than the UK site and vice-versa with no correlation in exchange rate either.
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'99 Cadillac Seville STS

Post by van ordinaire »

I find this quite encouraging, because, far from having issues, I was seriously impressed.

However, in view of the sheer number & weight, of the negative reviews all over the net they certainly wouldn't be my first choice.
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

I have had great parts and service from them for about 6 years. The prices and range of stuff is extensive. They beat ECP on lots of items price wise but not always, so check the prices.
BOLK is just Mr Auto's contract or source branding. Bolk could be anything, depending on their chosen manufacturer.
My first issue has now arisen with last batch of stuff for C5. Among all the other items, I ordered a Bolk crank damper pulley £28. It was made by a Spanish company called V.A.R.E. Looked fine, but was either the wrong type or a faulty component as it banged like a big end on a tractor. No problem as these things happen.
You print off a postage label after informing them, then drop at PO. You wait for a refund on your statement...less £5.60 postage. The return item goes to Germany? Well 12 days and no refund so we will see. Only a £28 item. Serves me right for buying a cheap pulley. My return could go missing in post with say, a bar code torn or whatever though. If they come up with a refund, I will continue to shop. If not I suppose I will have to take the huff! :lol:
I do buy from many other sources though.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'99 Cadillac Seville STS

Post by van ordinaire »

Thanks for the heads-up on Bolk.

As I originally quoted:- “As long as there is no problems, they are perfect BUT if any problem occur, Mister-Auto is 100% disaster.

You will face mistreatments, high costs and severe delays.

If you are willing to risk, then do shop at Mister-Auto, if not, turn to other supplier. The money you save at Mister-Auto ain't worth the risk.”

Actually, your experience reminds me of s similar one with another firm over a fuel filter that was the wrong one; when I returned it I got an e-mail asking what I wanted done, I replied I'd like the right filter, then - nothing!

Perhaps I'll trawl back through my e-mails (& statements) & chase it up, if only so I can report back.

Good luck with Mr Auto.
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Not my kind of outfit.
I feel that customer service is measured by what the ones that went wrong say afterwards.

Customer feedback along the lines of "sent the wrong part but replaced with the correct one in no time, very happy" is what draws me in.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

elma wrote:Not my kind of outfit.
I feel that customer service is measured by what the ones that went wrong say afterwards.

Customer feedback along the lines of "sent the wrong part but replaced with the correct one in no time, very happy" is what draws me in.

Yes, l I tend to agree with that. I'm bloody fussy and if a supplier does not cut the mustard in any way I'll never use them again...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Well to top my report on Mr Auto. They refunded my money in full.
So 5***** to Mr Auto from me. You cannot always take other peoples disappointments as a yardstick for the absolute truth of what will happen to you.
French cars get the worst reviews but as we know, reading between the lines is where it's at.
Shop around guys. 10% promo code at ECP just now with free post. Just ordered a few bits. 8-)

French Mistresses gone.
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'99 Cadillac Seville STS

Post by van ordinaire »

lexi, glad it worked out OK in the end.

I'm very much with Jim & James on my attitude to suppliers - & not just of car parts!
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'99 Cadillac Seville STS

Post by van ordinaire »

Update:

Curiosity prompted me to get a price for cam belt kit - & very good it was too: "Continental" so the belt, at least, should be good as well.

The problem was I also wanted an alternator belt but website wouldn't let me "continue shopping" Gave up, went away but a couple of days later got an e-mail reminding me I'd left something in my trolley +, apparently as an incentive to complete my order quoting a discount code.*

However there were still problems, not immediately resolved by customer service which, infuriatingly sent me e-mails saying the answer to my query was in "My Account" - not overly helpful when complaint is about website not responding!

Anyway, eventually got there - & the code was worth a further £8 (so that paid for the drive belt). Got an e-mail the following day telling me order had been dispatched - & it arrived the next day. Soooooh, in the end: - quality product @ knock down price by return of post (as it were).

Of course the proof the pudding & all that will have to await my plucking up courage to do the job, 'cos I bought it while they were having a promotion & the job is, very much, on the cards.

* I've had similar experience elsewhere, so if there's no urgency it might be worth aborting an order - & waiting to see what's offered to complete it. I know £8's not much - but it represents well over 10%, so an acceptable discount.
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Bought a C5 Dayco crank damper pulley from Mr Auto a few weeks ago.
Best price I could get anywhere and it came from France to Scotland in 3 days on free post.

French Mistresses gone.
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'99 Cadillac Seville STS

Post by van ordinaire »

Where the parts come from seems to be pot luck, but makes little difference.
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Came across a reference on something else I was looking up...apologies if its ancient news, that everyone knows but Mister Auto is owned by the PSA Groupe and as of January 2016 unless he has already been given the push is Sebastien Rohart the Managing Director, Monsieur Auto so to speak

and PSA's ambitions for Mister-Auto
PSA also wants to have a bigger share in aftermarket sales, using three different providers. As well as the dealer network, it wants to expand the more value oriented Euro Repair network and grow the revenue of the Mister Auto parts retailer by 500% by 2021.
Maybe Sebastien may respond favourably to a request for an additional discount for FCF members, as a small part of achieving his growth targets, and raising brand-awareness in the French Car Community across the planet:!: :)

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

When a 4 year old PSA made car looks like this I should hope he would