Wing Mirror glass replacement-good service

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Wing Mirror glass replacement-good service

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Yes it relates to one of Luton's finest, but sometime Friday/Saturday my driver's side wing mirror glass was stolen.

Bit of trawling of the internet and I find Europartsdealer with a new replacement item at £7.79 with free 1st Class Delivery from Royal Mail.

Ordered it Late Sunday night, and the little brown cardboard box, with the mirror wrapped in bubble wrap, arrived today from Redruth in Cornwall.

...and less hassle for me than a 60 miles round trip to the nearest Halfords.

So three cheers for the internet, e-bay, europartsdealer, and the good old Royal Mail

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Wing Mirror glass replacement-good service

Post by myglaren »

I hear many moans about internet shopping and eBay in particular but in over 12 years have only had two dud purchases, both of low enough value to ignore, and a couple gone missing to an address very similar to my own, I suspect, only a mile from here. Can't prove anything and again low value enough to ignore.
On the upside, many items purchased at an excellent price and delivered very quickly.
Same goes for Amazon. No complaints there either.
superloopy
My Cars:

Post by superloopy »

Why would someone steal the glass from a wing mirror i wonder? Wasn't it worth there while to just lift the whole car [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Mike

Xantia Activa Dante Red MK1 (96) 121k - SORN, to be broken
Xantia Activa Silex Grey MK2 (98) 120k -SORN, ditto
Xantia V6 Silex Grey MK2 (98) 95k - non-runner
Xantia TD Storm Grey MK1 (95) 95k - non-runner
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Its quite a common target for the petty thief as I found out, and costs of replacement items can vary widely, especially if you drive into a main dealer and ask them to fix it for you. This was quite an amusing response to a thread on Honest John about it....things could have been worse...
I can still remember in the early 1970s our family returning to the Cortina and setting off, only to realise that it was so cold because one of the ungodly had stolen the windscreen
regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey