Mr Angry

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Mr Angry

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

We all can go on about cyclists (and drivers, to be fair) who shouldn't be on the road. Well, my feeling on this is that before you are allowed out on the road you pass the appropriate tests. Drivers have (obviously) the Driving Tests, and cyclists have the Cycling Proficiency Test (this isn't mandatory, but it should be!). I passed the CPT back in the mid 70s (at primary school in Scotland). I know how to indicate what my intentions are (cyclists around Reading seem to believe that pointing at the ground 3" to their right is enough for drivers to know what they are doing, and complain when drivers don't see this), and I also know that a RED light means STOP! The rules of the road apply to all road users, and if you are on the road YOU ARE A ROAD USER, REGARDLESS OF WHAT MODE OF TRANSPORT YOU ARE USING!

OK, rant over, you can come out now!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote:My general rule is a cyclist clad in Lycra and clip on shoes is a moron of the highest order
Dean, I'm a keen cyclist like Timmo and I wear 'clip on' shoes too when riding both my bikes.. I trust we are exceptions to your general rule but personally I find, when driving, that the obviously keen cyclist is by far the best mannered on the roads...

As I have said, 'live and let live'.

I do very much agree with TTs being run on public roads though... That is dangerous..

Sticky, you're right about the general level of anger out there on the roads nowadays and as a careful (and sedate) driver who does not go everywhere at top speed and observes all speed limits don't I know it :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

Whatever happened to the English road user. My first experiences on British roads well over 30 years ago were an absolute pleasure particularly in England. Compared to us on your neighbouring island and those on the mainland everyone was so polite even to a lost stranger with a foreign vehicle who chopped lanes and made sudden unannounced turns. Remember this was before sat nav with lane assist. Now everyone is so angry with everyone else. Where are the manners and good nature that the English were renowned for gone?
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Thomas Hardy was angry. I think Jane Austen was a bit shirty, too. Was Nelson a happy man?

More seriously, I think it's anger at the self, but denied and thus projected outward.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote: More seriously, I think it's anger at the self, but denied and thus projected outward.
Yes, I think so... Stress and worry are so commonplace nowadays that most people are to a greater or lesser extent. This, I believe is the root cause. I know since I've worked hard to reduce my stress levels to almost zero I've been a generally much happier, content and tolerant person...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Don't forget the Games/Internet Generation....by instinct, they scream at the screen with immunity by habit/type vile and angry stuff all the time....it is the same for them inside their metal box ...............intit
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's a good point Alasdair...
Jim