Please allow me a little indulgence

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Robin
My Cars:

Please allow me a little indulgence

Post by Robin »

Yes, well, I have done it. I collected my XM VSX 2.5 Turbo Estate today and my face still has a very big grin on it[:D]
All I have to do now is learn what all the buttons and knobs do!
This is not an advert nor a plug but I do want to say how very pleased I am with Wolsey House Motors at Diss. The car when I saw it was genuine, as bought in by them and not fettled in any way.
They checked out and did everything I asked for, did the work over and above any the MOT may have thrown up and checked back through it's history and gave me all the papers and evidence they had.
It was handed over, fully serviced and in immaculate condition and with fuel in it!
All I want to do now is sit in it and read the handbook and try to understand all those knobs of course[:D][:D][:D]
If anybody wants me you know where I am, R
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

I felt the same when I bought my Xantia recently[:)]
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

me 2 with my new car although ive not updated my sig as its not french. time to hide :p
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Saw an old Deals on wheels(Channel 4)on cable this evening.They had a brief bit on buying a XM.This goes to show how old it was,"the XM was discontinued last year,top of the range cost over £27k.Now,1 year on,you can pick up a 1 yr old car with 10k miles on it for £12k".Talk about early deprec.........(sorry,cant bloody spell it!)
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

I think the prices have bottomed out now so that any purchases are likely to hold well for several years. I have a similar situation with my other non french car, sorry lads, where I watched the value tumble for a couple of years but it is now slowly increasing. In fact it is now above my purchase price. I think if the model is desirable and you can keep it in good condition and wait for the rubbish to hit the scrap pile the remaining cars gain a rarity value. According to some stats I read the other week there were only 32 VSX 2.5 estates sold in 97 and even fewer in the following years. In fact the model never sold large numbers ever. Robin
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by np</i>

Saw an old Deals on wheels(Channel 4)on cable this evening.They had a brief bit on buying a XM.This goes to show how old it was,"the XM was discontinued last year,top of the range cost over £27k.Now,1 year on,you can pick up a 1 yr old car with 10k miles on it for £12k".Talk about early deprec.........(sorry,cant bloody spell it!)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I used to always try to watch 'Dills on Wills' as Mike Wotsit pronounced it. Did you see the one with an H-van?
More informative than the dreadful Top Gear, apparently produced by twelve-year olds now.
Depreciation, Neil - spelt as pronounced [}:)] We knew what you meant, though - hefty depreciation is a <b>Good Thing</b> for buyers [:D]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I agree,[:D] depreciation allows us to be able to buy our cars at a more affordable price, and if the original purchaser of the car was a company. Which is the case with my Xantia, so as the company can afford to suffer the depreciation, and the car gets a regular maintenance schedule which is adhered to. I have a car which might well have been better cared for, than the equivalent private buyers car, because enthusiasts don,t always get involved, with a car model when it's brand new.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

The other thing is its always good when you like cars that the market in general did not (which in turn makes them deprciate more). Ie most people would have a mondeo or something over a xantia which is up to them but if you want a xantia its great as you get it far cheaper. Its like me with all the visa's ive had, most people wouldnt look twice at an ugly visa gti over a 205 or something but I didnt care about the looks. Likewise the zx 16v, half the price of its equivelent 306 s16 and so on.