Mr Angry

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Mr Angry

Post by Stickyfinger »

Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
isisalar
My Cars:

Re: Mr Angry

Post by isisalar »

Sorry Jim but some cyclists are soooo annoying.
J reg 1.9d auto BX first Citroen
M reg 1.9d auto Xantia lx
N reg 1.9 td Xantia VSX Estate
T reg 2.0HDI Xantia Exclusive Estate Present car
M reg 106 diesel red
L reg 106 diesel white
02 Saxo 1.1i desire wife's present car(sadly now very ill cambelt gone- Doh)
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

And now that same "Cyclist" being a total KNOB Head in a car
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

isisalar wrote:Sorry Jim but some cyclists are soooo annoying.
I know, I try to be very considerate to ALL other road users when I'm on my bike but you know, I upset a car full of baseball wearing Chavs for pulling out in front of them at a right-turn at least 300 yards in front of them!!! You can't please everybody.

I appreciate what a pain we can be... Especially one like me who can tonk along at a fair old lick and make it hard for a car to pass due to the speed. Also, we can be a pain on hills...

Some motorists are a menace, especially those driving high-end Jerrymobiles but in general I find the courtesy I try to extend is well appreciated by most motorists and reciprocated...

There is a great need for tolerance, understanding and education on both sides...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Come om Jim, you ride the Bike faster than you drive mate :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Stickyfinger wrote:Come om Jim, you ride the Bike faster than you drive mate :)
Nearly!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

The problem is most cyclists believe it's their right to be on the road, I think if we took the view it was nobody's right to do anything the roads would be a calmer place.
My general rule is a cyclist clad in Lycra and clip on shoes is a moron of the highest order, someone in normal cloths just going somewhere on a bike is a pleasure to share the highway with.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

But a cyclist has as much right to be on the road as a car does, as a Horse does, as a steam roller / traction engine does,
it is pretty much always the case that the minority of cyclists think because they have a lid cam on they can get away with what ever they like, some of the videos i have seen recently the issue the cyclist has complained about is borderline an issue or not, but pursued the car and made it one, yet some of the others Are where the driver is wrong, the helmet camera does not make a better cyclists, but can help create a safer environment, a lot of people will cut up bikes, and pass far too closely if they know they wont get caught! after all it does state that you should give a cyclist the same room you would a car when passing in the Highway Code,

i am a keen cyclist, i wear lycra shorts but cover them with baggies, i use 'clip in pedals' on both my mountain bikes - 130mm hard tail + 140mm full suss, my Road commuting bike - not on my dirt jump bike as that would be stupid! not my unicycle or Monkey bike, ;-) i use the road, i ride offroad more than, i help maintain cycleways, i maintain trails in the woods, i teach children how to ride safely and look after their bikes and adults on how to ride on the road and especially in busy traffic situations as a NAtional standard Cycling instructor, i also fix, build and maintain bikes as a small business, i also am a volunteer with SUstrans and help out with 'Dr Bike' sessions at local schoools checking over safety of the bikes, i actually prefer cycling to driving more often, my bikes cost a Lot more than my car does, both to buy/build and often to run, - i pay more for my bike tyres than i do car tyres! :-O
Some cyclists will be out there to get themselves in trouble, cause conflict, create situations so they can film it and get 5 minutes of fame posting it on facebook, a bit like car drivers, some see it fit that they are more important and need to get to where they are going faster than you because they are of super importance, its the minority, always is,
the roads are plenty big enough (even down here) for cars and cyclists to share, even adding in horses, just requires a little more thought on how to pass safely and concentration on seeing them,

sorry for mini ranting,
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Its the ones who think they police the roads because they have a camera on their heads/dash...........their clothing is a choice.

I have to say the amount of "anger" I see on the roads is getting worse IMHO, people are quick to scream all shorts these days, like they do at home with their XBox....bikes, trucks, cars and M'Bikes all the same its just some have silly coloured leggings showing very small willies.

One thing that is a problem down here is the "road time race".
On a busy A road, one with many many quarry trucks, Bikes running both ways between roundabouts three abreast with "wobble" handle bars is going to get someone killed, and it will not be the driver (but he will be blamed for it I am sure).
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

totally agree with Road TT's, they are bloomin dangerous, if not more so as the 'aero helmets' prevent the rider from a Proper look behind them before moving out!! on a trip up to kent via a303 and assosiated roads one year they had a TT on the dual carriage way! a lot of the distances they were using for the TT Could have been replicated on industrial estates on sundays when they are Super Quiet!

'58 C2 Code
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

:rofl2:

in case you weren't sure, it's a parody of those prima-donna's with gopro's
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Those videos are all my local roads, nice to see I'm not in there.
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Timmo wrote: I am a keen cyclist, i wear lycra shorts but cover them with baggies, i use 'clip in pedals'

sorry for mini ranting,
Whoa there Tim! I understand the benefits of Lycra on a long ride, never felt the need to fix my feet to the peddles on the commute ride but before you feel attacked i must say i should have included aero helmets in my sweeping generalisation.

You are excused from my above comment but ONLY because while you enjoy a little Lycra you show great consideration for others by understanding we don't want to see your lunch box while driving to work, possibly after just having breakfast :lol:

Love the clip Mike

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

I'm not even sure that the Wife would want to see me in lycra and nothing else! :-D
I have the physique of a racing snake, a racing snake thats Eaten a Goat! :-D

That clip is ace! Sums up the camera commuters perfectly! ;-)

'58 C2 Code
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I wear baggy shorts over my Lycra off the bike too...
Jim