I-Spy Classic Cars/Bikes-What have you spotted?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

My sole "classic" spot for the day was a well-rusted flat-screen Beetle, complete with parking ticket.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Classic car summer season-what have you spotted?

Post by CitroJim »

Did it have a flower in its vase?

Spotted a lovely bright yellow Lotus in our works carpark today... Gorgeous.. Not a clue which model but it looks very new..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

What I thought was a Lotus is actually a Corvette!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

CitroJim wrote:What I thought was a Lotus is actually a Corvette!!!
Possibly one of these

regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 17 Aug 2015, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Re:

addo wrote:My sole "classic" spot for the day was a well-rusted flat-screen Beetle, complete with parking ticket.
Only 10 points for any sort of beetle from I-Spy Classic Cars, even for a flatscreen rat

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
CitroJim wrote:What I thought was a Lotus is actually a Corvette!!!
Possibly one of these

That's the one Neil :-D The exact one. Absolutely gorgeous... How on earth I ever thought it was a Lotus I just don't know :roll:
Jim

Zelandeth
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2006 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi.
1988 Renault 25 Monaco 2.0i.
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Post by Zelandeth »

Very me...but today's spot was an immaculate bright blue 96 N plate Lada Riva 1500E Estate, heading towards Linford Wood on the H3. Given how few are left and that the last one (destined for our shores) rolled off the line 17 years ago, got to be worth at least a point...

Sadly I was on foot, or would have immediately given chase and offered them probably silly sums of money. Also saw a red 2CV in the distance this morning, not sure of any details as it was a long way off - would never have seen it if I hadn't heard it!
Current fleet:
06 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi, 88 Renault 25 Monaco, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 75 Rover 3500, 73 AC Model 70.
NewcastleFalcon

Re:

addo wrote:A 107E Ford Defect, spotted today.
They do lend themselves to a bit of two-toning....

...but don't make it to the 120 in I-Spy Classic Cars but the The Ford Anglia 105E, and the Ford Consul Mk I do, for 20, and 30 points respectively.

I reckon 25 for an ordinary one and 30 for a two-tone or a "rat"

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Zelandeth wrote:Very me...but today's spot was an immaculate bright blue 96 N plate Lada Riva 1500E Estate, heading towards Linford Wood on the H3. Given how few are left and that the last one (destined for our shores) rolled off the line 17 years ago, got to be worth at least a point...
Great little book I-Spy Classic Cars due to surprising entries and omissions from the 120 selections.

Of course the Lada Riva is in.....had to be :-D Only 15 points though, and a measly 5 for the Red Citroen 2CV.
from I-Spy Classic Cars
Still being manufactured in Russia today, the rugged Riva (as saloon or estate) can actually trace its roots back to the Fiat 124 of 1966. Designed primarily for the punishing road conditions found in its homeland, engines ranged from 1.2 to 1.6 litre, and they were sold at bargain prices.
Bit older than the one you spotted but nice and shiny :!:

Regards Neil

PS. My version of the I-Spy Classic Cars was published in 2009 so unfortunately the Lada Riva appears not to be still being made in Russia today. Last ones came off the production line in 2012 according to wiki.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

A PSA car in Yellow....that works Jim
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

That works for me, better than a grey 5 door (mine) or the red gti (sons)!
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I'm curious as to how many points your guide would award my 1963 International AB110 SWB pickup (the "Chinese Eye" grille). Do I get more because it's rough? :lol:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Yes, that yellow 205 works a treat for me :-D

That Fraud Defect looks gorgeous too. Always thought that model was always very attractive and still looks very good..

Saw a new Mini (hardly that - was huge!) today in a very dark, almost orange, yellow. Gorgeous colour on a very much otherwise awful car...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Re:

addo wrote:I'm curious as to how many points your guide would award my 1963 International AB110 SWB pickup (the "Chinese Eye" grille). Do I get more because it's rough? :lol:
Yes the Chinese Eye Grill Works, as does the "electric razor" on more recent models. Bonus points from me for non-boringness in all its forms including a bit of designer rust :!: The only vehicles to make the 120 in I-Spy Classic Cars, capable of a bit of rough track motoring are the Land Rover Series 1 (35) a Wiiiy's Jeep (30) or a Citroen 2CV (5). So I reckon a basic 30 points is deserved.

Now if there was a picture of the actual vehicle posted up, bonus points may well follow :)

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Now this obviously isn't today. Northumberland today is the land of brollys and cagoules. No this was last Tuesday, and just enough infromation captured for a definite ID and a bit of a backstory. Capture the registration plate bung it into autotrader vehicle check and you have a start.

Vehicle details found: AJ2087 CREAM, 1913 ARROL JOHNSTON UNKNOWN TOURER
Next put Arrol Johnston 1913 cream into google, view the images and hey presto here's the very car from the front

Course at this point my curiosity has just started....

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey