C5 x7 load capacity?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

C5 x7 load capacity?

Post by qprdude »

I'm off to IKEA. Just in case the boss decides to have a bit of a spending spree, does anyone have a rough idea how much weight I can carry in the boot of a saloon. I can fold the seats down and move stuff forward but I don't want to damage anything. All the weights at IKEA are shown in Kg. Cheers.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: C5 x7 load capacity?

Post by Stickyfinger »

if its wood and such....more than you will get in :)
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/f ... 008/45719/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

Max gross Vehicle Weight 2160, kerb weight 16 to 1700 depending on version, so you have about 500 to play with. If you think you are close to limit you could leave your passenger behind in the Ikea Car Park to be on the safe side. :)
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

I think the most precise read out should be on the door sticker, where you have the full VIN code, following it, the two values are gross vehicle & train weight, and what you're looking for, max weight on front axle and max weight on rear axle (of course, you'd need to reduce the car's weight from it) ... from the booklet, the 2,2 HDi should have 980 kg (2160 lbs) Max weight on rear axle
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Ah well, cheers guys, but those weight capacities would take far more than the contents of my wallet is capable of purchasing. Only two bedroom chest of drawers and a bedside cabinet. Folded the double seat forward for the tall chest and the other two just fell into the other side of the boot. Still the same lovely smooth ride, but was I imagining it, or was the steering just a fraction heavier?
Quite a decent run across to Croydon. Up the A 3 then through Chessington, Ewell, Sutton and Carshalton. Bit of traffic coming onto the Purley way , but generally always moving. Thank goodness I didn't follow the Sat Nav directions home via the M25, because traffic was at a standstill when we crossed it at Brooklands. Now all I have to do is put the stuff together (after I get it out of the car because it's chucking it down out there)
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.