I wonder what the Bill would say about this ?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

I wonder what the Bill would say about this ?

Post by Stickyfinger »

A laser warning light and line projector......"WOW, what a great warning system"....a "distraction menace" or just, "you have to be joking Sir, here have a ticket" :)

Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: I wonder what the Bill would say about this ?

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent until it becomes misaligned and then it becomes a potentially lethal hazard...

I could do with one on my bike though. Despite looking like a riding PPE advert with more high-viz than a building site I still seem to be totally invisible to many other road users :evil:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

There's stuff out there for cyclists.
this being an example.
Problem is, as I'm sure you're aware, the more visible you are the more distracted drivers seem to become.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

elma wrote: Problem is, as I'm sure you're aware, the more visible you are the more distracted drivers seem to become.

I think that might be part of the problem, certainly... What we really need is a force-field around us!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Or a designated place for you to ride, some sort of track that bikes can ride on away from other vehicles, a cycle track if you will :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

We're lucky in Milton Keynes with the 200 miles of cycleway. Only minor problem is they're infested with dog walkers, blind and deaf pedestrians and in places the surface is terrible but generally they are great.

And occasionally a great pile of horse manure we have to treat as a temporary roundabout :lol:

I'd love to see more segregated cycleways on roads. I'm sure if the government could make this happen then more would cycle. If the road to work was a safer I'd cycle there but sadly it is lethal for bikes during rush-hours...
Jim

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Agreed, luckly here we are very well connected for cycling off the road which I almost always do, cyclists just don't seem to understand a small thing on the road vanishes behind an A pillar very easily, that's how I went bonnet surfing, it was nobodies fault it was just one of those things.

The most annoying thing is cyclists of the Lycra pursuation that don't seem to understand undertaking traffic at near 30mph around junctions and the like is really up there on the Darwin awards top 20, or undertaking a lorry on a left bend and finding they run out of road and start wailing profanity at the driver, they dont do cyclists as a whole any favours.
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I'd love that, would need a threshold trigger of exceeding certain vehicle speed (so as not to fire constantly when in gridlock) and then it photographed the tailgater's plate.
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

http://popupcity.net/a-bicycle-riders-laser-party/ Looks as though it might be pretty effective
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

dnsey wrote:http://popupcity.net/a-bicycle-riders-laser-party/ Looks as though it might be pretty effective
Now that's a brilliant idea. :-D
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Literally!

If you have an upset, does it then project a suitable image, maybe like an upside down, wrinkled bike in flashing red?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:
If you have an upset, does it then project a suitable image, maybe like an upside down, wrinkled bike in flashing red?
I'd be keen to know if it can project a one-fingered salute at ones who might upset you with inconsiderate driving?
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Re:

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:
addo wrote:
I'd be keen to know if it can project a one-fingered salute at ones who might upset you with inconsiderate driving?

=D> :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: