CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8391

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

Nothing much to report on the car front. I've been very busy recently with non-Citroen stuff and that has conspired to keep me well away from then sadly, apart from some very enjoyable drives of the Activa..

I've got to a point now where I'm doing more miles on my bike than in the C1 or Activa...

I recently passed my Karate green belt grading and now looking hard at the purple belt syllabus. It's getting tough now.

Little progress has been made on the V6 conversion work but yesterday I was hoping to do a bit until a Pug 407 needing a new wishbone spoilt the plan.

We thought it would be easy but gosh, what a swine of a job that is :evil: First time I've known it necessary to remove a driveshaft before a wishbone can be swapped.

I'm hoping next weekend will remain clear enough to crack on with stripping the V6 donor... Some hope I expect :twisted: We'll see...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
Citroenmad
Posts: 8125
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 22:08
x 110

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by Citroenmad »

Glad to hear all is going well with you Jim!

Will I see you at the National? I'll be there for the Sunday :)
Chris
15 Citroen C4 Cactus HDi Feel - Red
14 Citroen C3 Picasso HDi Selection - Grey
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango
.
24 Toyota Yaris Hybrid
12 Ford Mondeo TDCi Business Edition
03 Seat Arosa 1.0S
User avatar
Zelandeth
Donor 2024
Posts: 5310
Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 23:36
x 1597

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by Zelandeth »

Would offer to come lend a hand but sadly this coming week we have guests all week so will be tied up with that...week after though give me a shout if you want me to pop over for a couple of hours in the week sometime on an afternoon.

Dog is at least at the stage now I can leave him to entertain himself for a couple of hours if needed without him going crazy or destroying the house.
Current fleet:
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8391

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

Citroenmad wrote:Will I see you at the National? I'll be there for the Sunday :)
Sadly not Chris :cry: I'm under strict orders to seriously rest for significant period following yet another crash this week.

Been pushing things just a little too hard recently and the price is being paid.

Zel, thanks :-D That is very much appreciated.. For the reason above it'll be a while but as soon as I do I'll be in touch.
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8391

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

I hate driving! I've been feeling that way for some time but yesterday's trip to Malcolm's funeral in Hastings just about finalised it. The M1, M25, Dartford Crossing and especially the A21 were all awful :( Poor Activa coped well despite her fans running for so much of the journey... Getting stuck behind two huge Ainscough mobile cranes on the A21 didn't help. I belt Malcolm was laughing his socks off from his cloud knowing how much I hate the A21!!!

Malcolm's funeral was moving, emotional and fantastic. A cracking service and a most brilliant eulogy :) I don't know quite how to say this without sounding wrong but, despite the awful drive there and back I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sounds wrong but I hope you all understand what I'm trying to say...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4878
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 09:15
x 38

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:Malcolm's funeral was moving, emotional and fantastic. A cracking service and a most brilliant eulogy :) I don't know quite how to say this without sounding wrong but, despite the awful drive there and back I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sounds wrong but I hope you all understand what I'm trying to say...
Nothing wrong with what you've said and I fully understand what you mean Jim, I've been to a number of funerals over the past few years and thankfully there's been a shift from them being morbid upsetting occasions to more of a celebration of the deceased's life leaving me feeling uplifted if that makes sense, I'm disappointed that I couldn't get the day off work to be there.
25 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
23 BMW iX3 M Sport Pro
23 Jeep Avenger
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
User avatar
Fake Concern
Posts: 1034
Joined: 27 Dec 2012, 10:41
x 65

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by Fake Concern »

I didn't make the funeral despite living close as I work in Maidstone. Un fortunately I couldn't get the time off. I did pay my respects at the church hall a bit later.

Incidently I think I saw you (Jim) on the A21 just outside Hurst Green, if your Xantia is red. I was in a black C4 VTS with black wheels going towards Hastings.
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8391

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

Fake Concern wrote: Incidently I think I saw you (Jim) on the A21 just outside Hurst Green, if your Xantia is red. I was in a black C4 VTS with black wheels going towards Hastings.
It could well have been me or perhaps it was Kev (red_dwarfers) as he also went there in a red Xantia. Mine has a very distinctive plate and if I was following a big yellow crane it was me!
DickieG wrote: Nothing wrong with what you've said and I fully understand what you mean Jim
Excellent :-D Thanks Richard!

Just got home from a fantastic day out with Val at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. That's a real hidden gem and very worth a visit.

Following more delays on the M1 (we came of at J18 and came home down the A5) I have now had enough driving to last for ever. If I never drive again it'll be too soon :( This evening I hate driving even more than I did this morning.

Thing is I'll be doing another long run to Somerset and back on Saturday in the Activa but delays on the back roads I favour are thankfully rare and driving them in the Activa is a relaxing and peaceful business...

Then I'll be only driving to work and back until the next rally or next visit to Somerset. This driving lark is seriously over-rated. I love cars as much as ever but only to spanner them and not to drive them.
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 28691
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
x 5674

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by myglaren »

My satnav was set for shortest distance and took me a rather circuitous route to my son's place in Buckhurst Hill but did take me quite a way up the A21 and it was fine - I did wait until 18:00 to attempt it though. It actually took me a direct reversal of the route from the previous night - through the Blackwall tunnel. Despite much trepidation it was a doodle - and free :)

Probably a nightmare when busy but 02:00 it was dead.

Reset the satnav to fastest route and it took me up the M11/A1 no bother - home by 03:20 and shattered - up again for work at 06:00.

The journey down was interesting, through many picturesque villages that I would rather not have seen on that occasion.

I do still enjoy driving but was not looking forward to this one, partly the distance and the times needed to make it and the crossing the Thames bit. All went swimmingly ad the C5 behaved perfectly, 740 effortless miles.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8391

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

Gosh Steve, that's a heck of a journey you had there.. How you got up for work next day is totally beyond me. Mind you, I did get up, swim 1400m and then go to Yorkshire for the day but then I wasn't driving the outward leg of that one...

Last long drive today for a while. I soon head off for Somerset...

In the Activa...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8391

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

That last drive has killed me :evil:

Readers of my Facebook page can see why :evil:

But basically...

As expected, Malcolm's funeral, the trip to Yorkshire and the trip yesterday to see Dad had the usual consequence... Just got up and not feeling good :(

F'ing ME really pees me off... Once again I learn limits the sodding hard way... F this for a game of sodding soldiers :evil: :evil:
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 496

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

I hope you improve soon Jim. I have had to learn the hard way too. It's not fecking easy to pace yourself when you have a condition that limits your activities. Espically as you are a bloke that's always doing something. Take care
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8391

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

daviemck2006 wrote:I have had to learn the hard way too. It's not fecking easy to pace yourself when you have a condition that limits your activities. Espically as you are a bloke that's always doing something. Take care
Thanks Davie :-D That's summed it up just about perfectly....

The worst thing, as I'm sure it is with you is the frustration that comes from wanting to do things you just can't.

My problem is I still try hard to do those things...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 496

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

That's it in a nutshell. That's why a garage is dung the wheelbearing on the 205 on Wednesday, and I'll do the operation on the horse sometime in the next few weeks.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
MikeT
Posts: 4808
Joined: 11 Jun 2007, 16:17
x 232

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by MikeT »

CitroJim wrote:
daviemck2006 wrote:The worst thing, as I'm sure it is with you is the frustration that comes from wanting to do things you just can't
I hear that!