Son of Manchester N & N

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

Mike - presnetly bidding on this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEBI:IT
thought it deserved a new home
(not a Dyane i know, but nice in its own ugly duckling sort of way).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
LNA eh! I am sure I have spotted this one around Huddersfield - they are so rare you notice them. Leeds registration as well, so not travelled too far.
Only ever seen one LN recently, though - in Holland. Air cooled 602.
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Right, folks, see you tomorrow in the 'Romper' 2 o'clockish.
Have safe journeys!
We should see some white stuff on the trans-Pennine bit [:)]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I regret that I'm crying off on this one due to the promise of bad weather and the prospect of being stuck on the M6 all weekend. Like Marty though, I'll be there in spirit!
Have a good time guys.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

So has the venue changed to the Romper? Re the weather, we had a dollop of the white stuff here last night but today is sunny and dry, mind you the morons will probably start playing car conkers on the motorway at the first sign of adverse weather, I will be at the romper car park at 2PM.
Stewart
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by oilyspanner</i>

So has the venue changed to the Romper? Re the weather, we had a dollop of the white stuff here last night but today is sunny and dry, mind you the morons will probably start playing car conkers on the motorway at the first sign of adverse weather, I will be at the romper car park at 2PM.
Stewart
Yep - think it did a while ago, Stewart! Weather should be OK, hopefully.
Tom - sorry you cannot make it - see you at the D-Rally!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I'm 10 miles from the airport... no snow here [:)].. but can see some up on the peaks [:I]... heavy frost here last night... lovely sunny day today but very cold! brrrr.... [:D]
Should be much the same for the meeting... [:)]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Got to deice both cars and give the ZX a wash (given up on tidying out the inside so aside from removing the boxes of work stuff it remains scruffy - please dont pick on me too much!)
See you @ 2pm - Drive safely
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

And Grolliffe didn't want to go up there. Alternator failed on the way home last night and this morning, the starter wouldn't engage, despite there being enough in the battery.
The solenoid wire had detached itself and the alternator was busted. Strange! Spare alternator fitted and all was well.
Good cars seem to have a sixth sense. Put it down to superstition (Stuff us scientists havent worked out yet;) and assume that there was a good reason why I shouldn't have been there!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Just got back from the meeting, we sat and talked cars and computers, good to put faces to the names, my alternator is squeaking too;)
Stewart
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

It makes lots of odd noises my car - in addition to no longer locking!
The other photos didnt fare so well in the lack of light...
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

You lot have beat me to it! I wasn't asleep during the photo shoot - honestly!
A very pleasant way to spend an afternoon in excellent company [:)]
Stewrt - if your belt does not stop squeaking you could advertise the car as 'going cheep' It has been done before......
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Well, while you lot were out having fun (And I'm very glad that you did; Thanks Mike for pulling it all together,) Jon and I were being very busy. But I'll let him tell you in his own good time...
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Yes.. It was a very nice afternoon spent with some very nice people. [:)].. and held at a good venue.. What more can one wish for... [:D]
A big "thank you" to all those involved in making it possible..
Marty.. 01904 651900 Name is John and he is in York.. Your ZX looked ok to me, but then i am just a tiny bit prejudiced.. [:o)]
uhn113x is a bonny lil car in excellant condition.. Its a real credit to you both Mike. [:)]
And Stewarts BX looks as good as ever.. :-) Good job I only have space for two cars.. [;)]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

James - its only OK till you have driven it for half an hour! - Thanks for the number.
Like I said the engine is sweet as a nut its just slowly crumbling in other areas, that and the cost of 2 larger engined cars on one wage means its got to go. Your ZX does you proud.
Mike - Im off to look at an AX today, if its ok and we strike a deal i will try and remove the towbar before i get rid - either way will contact you and let you know.
18:10hrs-
Had a look @ said AX, nice and pretty, but had more keys to the locks than i felt comfortable with and should not sit there revving away at 1500 rpm at tickover even when warm.
Had a shuftie at door locks on ZX, drivers lock is toast, with something jamed inside, then snapped key in passenger lock!
Not been my day today.[:(]
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

Mike - Im off to look at an AX today, if its ok and we strike a deal i will try and remove the towbar before i get rid - either way will contact you and let you know.
Thanks, Marty
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
18:10hrs-
Had a look @ said AX, nice and pretty, but had more keys to the locks than i felt comfortable with and should not sit there revving away at 1500 rpm at tickover even when warm.
Had a shuftie at door locks on ZX, drivers lock is toast, with something jamed inside, then snapped key in passenger lock!
Not been my day today.[:(]
You can get the lock barrel with the broken key out without removing the door card - if you take out the two grommets in the door shut, a couple of long self-tappers will screw into the holes in the clip - just pull on them, and the barrel will come out. You can then get the broken bit of key out.
Andy Pritchard of this list may have a door lock.