A Main Dealer tail

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

A Main Dealer tail

Post by Stickyfinger »

What a surprise !

HARTWELLS Bath...........Car has the top-end Dealer Extended Warranty....MOT Cover....Recovery etc

Car has a main HP pump failure on Wed last
Car delivered to them 8am, call from recovery agent to tell me.....Thursday late afternoon....I call to check it arrived OK as I had ZERO contact all day from them.

They do not check it until Friday, I had to phone them Friday late....to be informed the Pump is "special order" and will take 3 days and they will fit under the warranty...they will do the MoT when fixed on Tuesday I am informed.....its a 2/3 hour job remember.

I do not call as a test of their service levels....and yep.....Yep, NO CALL, I have to call today (Thursday) to find out what is happening.3 DAYS and not ONE fracking phone call

I have to call Hartwells to find out what the situation is...........The car has Failed the MoT apparently.....but the Service manager has no paper work, BUT seems to know that he needs to "Order Parts and get prices worked out".....Service Manager AGAIN says he will call me......we shall see

ANY work needed for the MoT.....they can F---K OFF because there is NO WAY I would have it done there.

Lets see what happens today.............but I think I will get the car inspected after I pick it up to check their work
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: A Main Dealer tail

Post by DickieG »

Have a look on the VOSA website using an old MOT to log in to find out what it's failed on.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

DickieG wrote:Have a look on the VOSA website using an old MOT to log in to find out what it's failed on.
clever

eDIT: result
Reason(s) for refusal to issue Certificate

Nearside Headlamp aim too high (1.8).never TOUCHED AND NO CHANGE FROM LAST mot

Offside Headlamp aim too low (1.8) never TOUCHED AND NO CHANGE FROM LAST mot

Nearside Outer Front constant velocity joint gaiter damaged to the extent that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt etc (2.5.C.1a)....warranty ?

Advisory Notice issued

Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage has slight play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.2)...because the Citroen Powder coating is SHi7 and they bond a bush to the coating !

Nearside Outer Front constant velocity joint gaiter deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.5.C.1a)....warranty ?

Front Brake pad(s) wearing thin (3.5.1g) ....BOLLOCKS...I CHANGED them 6 months ago !

Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components

Engine covers fitted obscuring some components in the engine bay

Front brake discs worn. ....BOLLOCKS...I CHANGED them 6 months ago !
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Oh dear,
I'd suggest you document it all and let Citroen know if they have done anything underhand via Facebook or twitter. I hate main dealer scamming.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Oh, don't worry I will.

My hatred for this company is growing, I need to take 10 and consider or I will "go off on one"....then I only find myself embarrassing rather than making a good argument...
The disks are low...wtf ?

Well its been an hour and a half now since i found out what the car failed on....but they have not called as of yet....this if nothing else will be a funny conversation when he calls me (if he does)

FYI, this is a Citroen Service Manager who has never driven a hydraulic Citroen..................err...........guys we are DOOMED :(
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

LOL

Call at 11.45...

Was offered...£136 inclsve to change the gaiter....will decide on that.

To change the disks and Pads...........refused

They HAD NOT fixed the "Sticking in Park" fault I listed for them...new control box needed....THREE DAYS as it is a SPECIAL PART !, they knew this 6 days ago
They HAD NOT fixed the Intermittent Brake light....THREE DAYS as it is a SPECIAL PART !, they knew this 6 days ago
Display Panel fault (pixels)...NO COVERED
Radio fault, looses reception...NOT COVERED

So....Not till Wed at the earliest.....good egh
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Did i read that correctly? A Citroen dealer refused to change discs and pads on a C5! Sticky bring the car home, from the sound of it your cars not being worked on with any respect.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

No...I refused their "offer" to change them (and charge for it)...because I had changed them 6 months ago.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Re the driveshaft gator, I recently had one of the clips fail leaving the boot hanging loose, thankfully due to the wide open design on the wheels on mine I spotted the fault straight away and simply fitted a new clip, job done, worth having check on that before spending money.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
isisalar
My Cars:

Post by isisalar »

Don't take it personally, these main dealer service departments rip everyone off.
When I worked in the sales department of a BMW dealership EVERY sold used car was diagnosed as needing discs and pads, I had to go and inspect every one and most were fine.
On one occasion new discs and pads were fitted to a sold car and after being driven about 10 yards the car was parked up. The deal fell out of bed and after a few months the car was sold again, after driving the 10 yards back into the workshop for it's obligitary check over. .......
You can guess the rest I'm sure.
J reg 1.9d auto BX first Citroen
M reg 1.9d auto Xantia lx
N reg 1.9 td Xantia VSX Estate
T reg 2.0HDI Xantia Exclusive Estate Present car
M reg 106 diesel red
L reg 106 diesel white
02 Saxo 1.1i desire wife's present car(sadly now very ill cambelt gone- Doh)
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

just "did my toast" on the phone to the dealers about the stupid delays caused by them....they are doing the CV boot "as a sorry for the delay"...........rather than me send them an invoice for Car Hire for a week as threatened..................feckers will mess it up anyway most likely.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

Sounds about right for a main dealer. I once had a Fiat main dealer prepared to take £60 from me to recharge the air - con. The car did not have air - con. When challenged about it service manager said it was a standard offer. I threatened trading standards and was given a free service voucher to shut up. That was 10 years ago. I never used the voucher.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
bonnyman750
My Cars:

Post by bonnyman750 »

Office of Fair Trading...?
Trading Standards...?
Watchdog...?

or remove the vehicle from the dealership and have it checked at an actual VOSA depot....?

I have to be honest, I haven't (yet) had any issues with CItroen Coventry...

My C5 Tourer did marginally pass the M.O.T. last time with the beam pattern on the LH headlamp just in spec. (top part of pattern was very fuzzy). This has turned out to be a bit of the reflector at the top of the bulb aperture parting company - quite obvious when you look from the front, but at least they did highlight that there was a fault.

All the servicing and work done so far has been good and clearly explained to both party's satisfaction and I usually find on the first engagement with any garage or dealership, telling them that you work in the trade helps to sharpen their awareness as they then have to consider that they may not be able to scam you like the ordinary punters...!

So far so good...

HTH

Glyn
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I will be putting it up on the ramps as soon as I get it back.....rest assured on that.....the total incompetence (2 x 3 day wait orders) and poor Cust Service skills just makes me very nervous of their skills. We shall see
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

If they're doing all the failures under warranty, there's no point getting bothered about whether the work needed doing or not, imo? They're only creating work/cost for themselves and/or Citroen, meanwhile you get new parts for free.

Utterly crap customer service though with the delays and not ordering stuff, I agree. Unfortunately that can just as easily be dealer specific rather than marque specific though. However that's the second pump failure we've read on here in the last couple of weeks where there is a 3 day lead time - and it's things like that are inexcusable imo.
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)