Typing Dyslexia

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

beezer

Post by beezer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by davek-uk</i>

I think this ebay ad. says it all - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4504639752.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Why don't you ask the seller a question? It would be interesting to find out if he can reply before the bidding ends.
gradeafailure
My Cars:

Post by gradeafailure »

That eBay ad is genius - it has to be a wind-up, surely...? I mean, I'm only 27 and forever feeling the need to correct emails, procedures, manuals and the like, that have been written by people 20 years my senior! Think I must just be a spelling and punctuation fetishist (if such a thing exists!) [;)]
What bothers me is not that people make so many mistakes, but that they don't see any point to getting it right... [:(!]
<breathes deeply>
I am calm, I will count to ten...
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Back to the TEH have you noticed how you use one hand for the t and the e, but the other hand for the h? Its not just random that you do this, its a left brain right brain thing (and yes i know i dont have two brains, but firstly you know what i mean, and secondly i managed to type brain corretly [:d] )
See its not just fluke!
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Got a Honda for sale too, spelling still bad.......Poor boy can't even spell his own name.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WDVW
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Probably due to a bunch of unqualified half-wits in Westminster deciding that it was not worth teaching our kids their native language for a generation or three..........[}:)]
I balme getting taught ITA back in 1972 - what a load of tish! Who thought "lets teach the kids to spell phonetically then 2 years later beat it out of them"???![xx(]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by davek-uk</i>

I think this ebay ad. says it all - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4504639752.
Aww, bless, he may truly have dyslexia... and there we are taking the micturation out of him[:)]
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

If it all looked dyslexic, you might be right. But it doesn't. Still, it takes a special kind of mind to get things quite so wrong.
PS - "micturation" ain't in my dictiionary and "micturition", which is, don't mean what you think it does.
Ah, the agony of being a pedantic git.
gradaeafailure: You are spot on. Sometime in the generation between yours and mine the idea that correct spelling and grammar were important went out the window.
uhn113x - where have you gone? This is right up your street.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Panjandrum</i>

That is just brilliant - quite the worst I've seen in a while.
I like the bit at the end about the car going cheep and having no reverse.
I had a BX that went cheep - just the pump belt needed adjusting. [}:)]
Ye gods - that one was really hard work! I wonder if REVSIRE is 'reserve' or 'reverse'? Maybe we will never know, but I am sure if he spent the thirty-five quid on an MOT he would get it back! Maybe it might need a <b>leetle</b> more spending on it for a ticket?
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Panjandrum</i>
Alternatively, try this one nearer home:
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=10233
PJ
LOL at your first reply to this, PJ [:D][:D][:D][:D]
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Here I am - I just went for a micturition! Cold weather, y'know [}:)]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by uhn113x</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Here I am - I just went for a micturition! Cold weather, y'know [}:)]
Your right - checked my Ballieres nurses dictioary - my speeling eeror!
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

I have a contract with a local authority and my temporary desk is near the finance office. Recently they received a letter from someone claiming rate relief written entirely in text phonetics. Most of us thought it was silly, ignorant, idiotic or dumb. However the three youngsters in the department just said it was cool, great and well done him!
These are the people of tomorrow who will be running our nursing homes. Retire? not if I can help it[:(!]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Robin</i>

These are the people of tomorrow who will be running our nursing homes. Retire? not if I can help it[:(!]
I think i would like to be taken out and shot before being placed in a nursing home. No disrespect, but many places are under staffed and poulated with spotty herbert agency staff who offer no continuity of care, and more over dont blinking well care. Sorry - done rather a lot of shifts in my time on elderly wards and seen to many staff who should be themselves taken out and shot.
Bury me in my Xantia! (thats not very "green" is it?).
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Marty, you can be buried in cardboard and carpet, so what's wrong with a green coloured Xantia?[:o)]
Could we start a new form of burial ground for those married to their cars?
Or should it be cremation? R
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

http://ebay.doubleclick.net/click;h=v3| ... ls_Finder/
This (little) link now directs eBay users to a spell checker - apparently you can achieve 75% more sales if people dont think your an illitarate gibbering fool.
So now there is no excuse for "Zantiea Desil for slae"