Yatour not functioning correctly

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

The Ace
My Cars: Citroen C5 1.6THP Prestige
Ford Fiesta 1.0Ecoboost Titanium

Yatour not functioning correctly

Post by The Ace »

So I finally installed the Yatour in my 2010 Citroen C5 (with RNEG navi), however it appears to malfunction. It has been correctly installed by a Citroen dealer and the CD-Changer function has been activated via DiagBox/Lexia. It appears to power-up and is correctly sensed by the main unit when it is connected as CD-Changer

But:

- even if I don't connect a USB or SD Card, it scans (?) the folders for about 2", then only the CD05 remains in the folder list, and then it starts playing Track16 (which does not exist!!)

- if I connect a USB (which seems to also power-up, its LED flashing) or SD Card with the correct folder structure: CD01, CD02....CD06, then it appears to scan the folders for about 2", then only folder CD05 remains in the folder list, and then jumps immediately from Track01 to Track16 to Track99 and does nothing, and then repeats this "jump" every 2-3" (Track01->Track16->Track99->nothing)

Is this something that can be corrected or if anything has been done wrong ? The Yatour had the Label "RD4" in the back, don't know if this changes anything. My RNEG version is 20.07. Any ideas/suggestions are welcome....oh, and the seller has ceased operations :roll:
Last edited by The Ace on 15 May 2015, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: Yatout not functioning correctly

Post by vborovic »

The RNEG sadly uses a slightly different data protocol, so you won't be able to get track names from the USB BOX (whatever model you buy) ... that's one of the reasons I switched from RNEG to RT6 ... it's been a long time since I had the opportunity to use it, first 5 CDs should be regular folders the 6th folder should be random from all USB content ... but you must keep in mind it won't be able to grab more that approx. 500 songs
The Ace

Post by The Ace »

Problem is it doesn't work at all :cry: It appears to malfunction even with no USB/SD inserted. This is for the RD4, and the connector works fine with the RNEG (and I was assured by the seller it would work), however it doesn't work at all.

I can't find a Yatour specifically for RNEG, I can find versions only for RD3 and RD4. Since the connector is OK for the RNEG, I'm guessing that this is the "most correct" version, however as posted before, it's almost non-operational...

Did you use a Yatour with RNEG and it worked OK ?
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I didn't use Yatour, my USB BOX was genuine Citroen equipment (9702EZ, manufactured by Magnetti Marelli), which is basically a Dension Gateway 300 unit ... the 3rd picture in your first post, with the music menu, I remember having a similar situation (blank CDs). Can you try the following: directly on the FAT32 usb stick, create 6 folder (CD1-CD6, but any name should also be just fine), and try to load in each one 10-20 songs ... mp3 format only, try to avoid VBR (for starters, make sure all songs have the exact bitrate (128, 192, 320 ... anything that works) ... and see how it goes then ... did you try with the 3.5 stereo jack (if it has it), will it play any sound through it (with no USB in the device)?
The Ace

Post by The Ace »

ΟΚ I'll try with the Line-in, but my main concern is that, even without and USB/SD inserted, the Yatour behaves incorrectly and erratically...which indicates a connection problem, rather than an operational problem. I have created both a USB and a SD card, both with CD01/CD02/.../CD06 folder structure, and all of the folders with 99 songs in them. However the Yatour doesn't read correctly any of them, all but the CD05 folders disappear from the list and then it jumps to Track99 and does nothing....

I'm guessing I'm fubared, it appears that the seller sold me either a problematic or an incompatible (with the RNEG) Yatour...
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I can't recall if there was ever an exact device strictly RNEG compatible, I remember that on some of them there was an indication that it will be somewhat incompatible with the RNEG regarding track titles (that's why you only get Track 1, Track 2 ... etc, not the actual track names ... on RD4, I'd say even RT3/4 it would work without problems)
The Ace

Post by The Ace »

It doesn't look like it's going to work on my RNEG, so I'm selling it. Brand new, never used:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 22#p449122
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Just be sure to inform the potential buyer that you yourself aren't sure whether the unit actually works ... maybe it has some general fault, not related to the RNEG nav unit
The Ace

Post by The Ace »

vborovic wrote:Just be sure to inform the potential buyer that you yourself aren't sure whether the unit actually works ... maybe it has some general fault, not related to the RNEG nav unit
Indeed. The Yatour was sold to a fellow member of the Greek Citroen Club, after he read my post and was made aware of the whole story behind the purchase, installation and checking of the unit. And I reminded him about the RD4 compatibility and the status of the unit in the C5/RNEG when we exchanged PMs for the sale. I'm pretty sure he knows the whole story 8-)

In any case, as I always do in such cases, if he's unhappy for any reason, an immediate refund will be given 8-)