Typing Dyslexia

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Typing Dyslexia

Post by martyhopkirk »

Am i the only forum member who seems to suffer this terrible typing dyslexial when typing the word THE - if im typing quickly it always comes out as TEH.
Why is this?
Answers on a poscode please![:D]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Not just that word mate. I have to spell check my posts using the wife, LOL. I think it's old bugger syndrome or something. If it aint got a spanner for it then it's too complicated. It's like those fancy salad sandwiches you can buy. You open the pack and as you appraoch your mouth the filling falls out over your shirt. What ever happend to plain old cheese 'n' ham ?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Bugger
Just realised (and no pun intended - spelt dyslexia all wrong like)
DOH!
phatmatt
My Cars:

Post by phatmatt »

did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac?
he laid awake all night wondering if there is a dog[:)]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

LOL
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Never noticed Marty, my spelling is cack too! I use Mrs B as spell check and even my 10 year old son as well. I used to be dyslexic, but I'm alright won[:o)] I'm thinking of writing a book called "spooling for Beguiners"
Coat Acquired, door spotted...
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

I think it is something to do with keyboard layout, Marty. I do that one as well, and also 'fiel' for 'file'.
Sticking 'Ls' on the end of words like dyslexial is done by natives of Bristol - area becomes aerial, idea becomes ideal. Indeed, that is how 'Bristol' got its name.
Spell checkers are not the blessing that folk think they are - they result in lots of wrong words being passed - it's for its, your for you're; this makes things very hard work to read, which simple typos like 'teh' do not.
The thing that makes me give up trying to read something is total lack of punctuation or an entire post in lower case. The poster is saying to me 'I cannot be a**ed to write this properly or read it afterwards - <b>you</b> have to take the trouble to sort it out!'
Dyslexics of the world untie! [}:)]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

Am i the only forum member who seems to suffer this terrible typing dyslexial when typing the word THE - if im typing quickly it always comes out as TEH.
Why is this?
Answers on a poscode please![:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
AWG
My Cars:

Post by AWG »

Remember that dyslexia IS an anagram
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

The only anagram I can see is "I lady sex."
Jamie
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

LOL
gradeafailure
My Cars:

Post by gradeafailure »

I have to apologise for succumbing to lower-case syndrome on many occasions... <slaps himself on the wrist> It shan't happen again, I promise!
Though I have to say that the general standard of spelling, grammar and punctuation these days is absolutely atrocious - I work in a technical support/test department and some of the emails I used to receive from company MDs... [:0]
Even had to slyly switch the spellcheck on for our new tech support guy when he wasn't looking, his was that bad! [:D]
For anyone who wants a good giggle on the subject, I can highly recommend this book: http://eatsshootsandleaves.com/
Oh, and yes, I have suffered from TEH syndrome too... [:I]
AWG
My Cars:

Post by AWG »

Jamie,
Dyslexia = Daily Sex
At least that's what it says on my mother's coffee mug [:I]
"Dyslexia lures KO"
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Though I have to say that the general standard of spelling, grammar and punctuation these days is absolutely atrocious
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Probably due to a bunch of unqualified half-wits in Westminster deciding that it was not worth teaching our kids their native language for a generation or three..........[}:)]
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

I think this ebay ad. says it all - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4504639752.
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

That is just brilliant - quite the worst I've seen in a while.
I like the bit at the end about the car going cheep and having no reverse.
Alternatively, try this one nearer home:
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=10233
PJ